Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

my HAYAMES blows off

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004
CivicMexicano Is My Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
el_ben2 is an unknown quantity at this point
my HAYAMES blows off

well.... bad news
i was drivin normaly to a firends house when repently my front drivers side coilover just blow this saturday morning....
1º i think that it was the direction... cus when i try to turn the car doesnt respond... so i check and it wasnt.... but when i continue drivin the car goes to a side... like alingnamet problem, so i went whit my suspension mechanic to check it... and its was like when u have alignament problems...(one wheel ok, and the other a lot turned) so we just check and heres the problem:

i only think that it was the strut, but when we lift it up, the wheel can move to any direction, left, right, inside, outside... and theres not any other problem... i hink that the arm of the strut has broken....
its 5 months old so now im have send the request of the warranty, so i need to wait and see what HAYAME says....

what do u think guys!?

note: the pics was taken whit my NOKIA 3650 phonecam... ill post better pictures later
Old 11-09-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I can't tell from the pics but did you also check your tie rods?
Old 11-09-2004

yeap the tie rods are perfect... the have no problems.... i install my stock suspension and its ok
the problem is the coilover
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

matrix311 is on a distinguished road
Hey dude I had the same issue with mine man, the same identical issue with my Hayames! The shaft inside the strut broke causing the toe to adjust in and out and when the car was lifted off the ground, you could wiggle the tire every which direction. Check out my pics of what happened and the thread on my Hayames.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170855

I ditched my Hayames and sent them back and got D2 Sports Coilover System instead.
Old 11-09-2004
Registered!!

matrix311 is on a distinguished road
Ironically it looks like you have the same identical wheels I do. I have the Falken Torque 5's in Gunmetal.
Old 11-09-2004

yeap... i have those too... lol
w/toyos proxes fz4
Old 11-12-2004

wow.... read this!
hayames says that they have discontinued the coilovers for our cars... so they arent aceptting no more returns... so the warranty doesnt apply.... agrrrr.... im so angry(<-- its correct?)
i think that ok, they have no more sets to replace mine... but at least they could give me my money back!
where's my lawyer!?!?

Last edited by el_ben2; 11-12-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2004
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
damn, that sux man....i had the v1 hayames and they were ok, hope everything works out for ya
Old 11-12-2004
Registered!!

civicfrenchie is an unknown quantity at this point
That's why i always stick with major brand names...you always have what you pay for...
Old 11-12-2004
Registered!!

half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm sooooooo glad i cancelled my hayame order and decided to go with some tokico blues n' neuspeed sports.
Old 11-13-2004
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
But even tho Hayame stoped making a product, they should still have to give warranty on all the **** they already sold right???
Old 11-15-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
^^^ they should honor the warranty. but if they actually do, that's another story. have you ever pushed your hayames on a track or autocross?
Old 11-15-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Well, just raised my car up to winter mode (and to accomodate my 215/55/16 rubber on Motoform rims) and the rubber spring isolator rings at the tops of both rear shocks were pretty mangled, so I ripped them right off. Drove my car to work this morning with the stereo off so I could listen for funny noises in back but I heard none (phew!). But I don't think i raised the car up high enough, especially for the offset of these rims - I dunno what the offset is but the rubber is perfectly flush with the fenders in rear, tucked with about a pinky's worth of travel. No rubbing back there yet thankfully. I rubbed front fender liner momentarily when I went over a slight bump in the road. Dammit. Now I gotta jack er up and expose some more threads. Just thought I'd use this thread to b1tch a little. Please continue with your daily functions. Thank you.