Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

22mm Rear sway?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epion is an unknown quantity at this point
22mm Rear sway?

I got a 22mm RSX-R rear sway bar... I'm wondering if it's too thick for 2001 coupe? Plus I lost the bushings that came with it.... would i need to install it with the RSX-R bushings? and/or can i get aftermarket bushings? also any suggestion for endlinks?
Old 11-02-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
stock endlinks work fine, stock bushings work fine ... I have the same bar on my car right now. some say that your endlinks will break very quickly ... but I have the stock ones on right now and they've been working fine for about 6-7 weeks already ...

I think the dc5-r rear sway works GREAT!!! ... I handle about the same with this (on 195/55/15 tires w/ 15x6 Si rims) than I did with my 225/50/16 tires on 16x7.5 rims
Old 11-02-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Agreed, DC5-R rear sway kicks serious ***. Highly recommended. Be sure to reinforce with a rear lower tie bar. And I really do think aznboysfr's very lucky to have OEM endlinks last as long as he has. I recommend Grey's endlinks anyway, not just for the increased reliability and strength, but also cause they're about a million times easier to install and remove should the need arise. Have fun taking the stock endlinks off, they're a bizznotch.
Old 11-02-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Zzyzx was saying that stock endlinks are fine. He was saying people with the progress bar were busting the links because of the angle they put the stock endlinks in. I got Grey's endlinks but I also have the progress bar.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

HoldDaMayo is an unknown quantity at this point
does the 2001 have stock endlinks? I have an LX and I know mine didn't have a stock rear sway bar...
Old 11-02-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nindoo
Zzyzx was saying that stock endlinks are fine. He was saying people with the progress bar were busting the links because of the angle they put the stock endlinks in. I got Grey's endlinks but I also have the progress bar.
Its me that was saying the stock endlinks are fine, and they are. They're identical to the RSX ones.
Anyways, you need the ITR bushings or something like Energy Suspension bushings to hold the sway bar on. You can't use bushings made for a 13mm bar with a 22mm one.
Old 11-02-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
^^ yeah, my bad ... the rubber bushings are different, but the metal clip that holds the bushing on is the same

hmm ... the dc5-r endlinks aren't exactly the same as the stock civic ones ... they're a little shorter, actually. I don't know if the rsx-s endlinks are the same as the civic, but the dc5-r ones are definitely a little different (same, just shorter)
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

damn.... ic... do u guys know where i can get sum DC5-R bushings for my 22mm sway bar???? It came wit my bar but i lost them in a freakish fire... hahaha.. kiddin bout the fire
Old 11-02-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
Well, if you can find someone selling JDM they may have or be able to order for you. If not, Energy Suspension has a set of 22mm. I'm lovin my ES bushings.
Old 11-04-2004
Registered!!

sounds good... thanks.. for the info
Old 11-04-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Originally Posted by TeLLy
Well, if you can find someone selling JDM they may have or be able to order for you. If not, Energy Suspension has a set of 22mm. I'm lovin my ES bushings.
es bushings, eh? ... are those polyurethane?
Old 11-04-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Yuppers. Only drawback is having to grease them monthly, otherwise they're so noisy...but soooo responsive!
Old 11-04-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^^ wtf?? ... grease them monthly? ... **** that
Old 11-04-2004
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i'm supposed to grease the poly sway bushings monthly? :X
Old 11-04-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gh0st
i'm supposed to grease the poly sway bushings monthly? :X

grease them when they start to squeak...
Old 11-05-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Monthly? ****... more like every 4 or 5 months.
Old 11-05-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Just wrap the bar with toilet paper
Old 11-07-2004
Registered!!

02ciVike is an unknown quantity at this point
I am getting this bar shortly as well. It is coming with the ITR bushings. Am I fine using my stock LX endlinks?
Old 11-07-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
^^^ youre on the border line, depeding on how you drive, it may or may not break.
Old 11-08-2004
Yes, it's an Acura EL

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Monthly? ****... more like every 4 or 5 months.
No joke man, I'm using a small tube of lithium every month. I should buy a grease gun with the little nipple thing so I don't have to take off the bushings everytime.
Old 11-08-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Why is the squeaking so bad with the aftermarket bar bushings? The stock ones don't squeek, what gives?
Old 11-08-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Its the difference between rubber and Polyurethane. Rubber (OEM) doesnt squeak, and needs no lube, but its soft and deflects while under load. Polyurethane is hard and requires lube to not be noisy, but does not deflect while under load.