Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tighten Steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsound0844 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tighten Steering

I am wondering how to tighten my steering. I got a 02 Ex and the steering is extremly loose. Is that a stock problem? I did a search and couldnt find anything on this.
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
if you want it tighter, get rid of your power steering. Only way I can think.
Old 08-23-2004
Banned

irishtemper has a spectacular aura aboutirishtemper has a spectacular aura about
Maby if you could get a firmer damper to fit, that might help.
Old 08-23-2004
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
what tires and rims are you running?
Old 08-23-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Define Tighten better please...

other wise, welcom to honda... and the Infamous "Honda steering Dead Zone"... where you can turn the steering wheel an inch or two from dead center and not much happens....
Old 08-28-2004
Registered!!

I have stock right now. And what I mean by tighten is that when you turn the wheel I actully want the wheels to turn. Right now I can turn it pretty far without it turning at all. I want it to turn the steering wheel alittle and have the wheels start turning. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-28-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, you can swap the box for a quicker ratio, or put some toe out in the front, but then you're wearing the tires faster. Just buy some tires with stiffer sidewalls, thats probably the easiest way to make the steering more responsive.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Okay. Ill try that. Thanks alot everyone!
Old 08-29-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
be sure to have the front end checked just to be on the safe side to make sure nothing is physically worn out and unsafe
Old 08-30-2004
TeLLy is my daddy

gtracing is an unknown quantity at this point
get a smaller steering wheel...i changed mine and i lost it...but i have a problem with my p/s tho, when i take large turns the power steering will cut right off, and it pisses the **** out of me because i'd be trying to park, and all of a sudden the power steering will cut off...went to acura to check it out, they couldn't tell what the problem was...i didn't change the pulley, just suspension....