Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Neuspeed Sport, Noise From Front

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
Neuspeed Sport, Noise From Front

Ok so I just dropped my 2002 Si (Cdn, so EX coupe in States) with Neuspeed Sport Springs (about 4 days ago), on the stock struts. I also went from the stock rims to 18 X 7.5 with a 215/40R/18 tire size. The car has only 17 000km (roughly wha about 12 000 miles ???)

Basically, when turning left or right at low speeds or from a complete stop, I notice a slight creeking sound. Not enough to bring up huge alarm ... but enough that I notice and dont like it. It kinda makes the car sound "oldish" ... when all the natural creeks and clanks come. I just kinda wanted the car to be perfect, like stock ... but get the nice stance of the lower look.

Any idea what the problem is ? Should I bring it back to the garage where I got the springs installed ? Any help would be great.

-l8tr

Last edited by WhiteHalf; 07-27-2004 at 09:21 PM. Reason: more detail
Old 07-28-2004
Registered!!

Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
--> susp forum
Old 07-30-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
did you get a camber kit for it ?
Old 07-30-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
The dead coils (the coils that are really close together) are rubbing making this noise.

You can deaden the noise by using some old rubber hose between the dead coils
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

Diego121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Me 2

The same thing happened to me when i put the Neuspeed springs on. Bro for the first month or so my car did some nasty clicking noise eveytime i was turning really slow. Ive had them for about 4 months already and that noise is gone. The people at the shop old me it was nothing big BUT that it would be a good idea to change the shocks and get a camber kit
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

PrimeDynasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeap, just put my Neuspeed Race Springs on and I am getting the exact same thing. At first I thought my tire was rubbing but it's not. I have the SPC Camber kit on mine but I will be honest I have no idea how the front ones work, a modern marvel I guess. The rear could't be easier to figure out and it was actually really simple to adjust and believe me it needed it /_/------\_\ it was sick.
Old 08-02-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i beleive its metal rubbing against metal that makes that awful noise. im riding on skunk2 coilovers and it does it ALL the time. i can live with it but its embarassing when im going to places paralell parking and they stare at me like im running over an animal.

to stop the noise, i heard you can either grease up on the top of the spring and bottom AND/OR buy coil wrap (avaiable at radio shack) and wrap them around your spring(s). i knew this was gonna happen before i got the coilovers installed but their wasnt any grease around the area so i got lazy and just didnt go with the grease or coilwrap.
Old 08-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
One very important thing to remember when working on struts is to make that springs are seated properly and that the whole strut assembly is re-indexed correctly. By re-indexing I mean that all the parts are lined up correctly as when theyre were first taken apart. If the installer didnt re-index(make a reference line down the strut or note down the original orientation) of the strut before taking it apart, the parts could be mis-aligned which causes alot of noises and problems.

Also read this post if you havent already: http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86545

It mentions some things to look for...