Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Camber kit for Tein S Techs??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
droppin187s is on a distinguished road
Camber kit for Tein S Techs??

With the Tein S Tech Springs - (1.4/front 1.3/rear inch drop) is it neccesary to have a camber kit? I was informed by matt (abmerop18 here on 7thgen) that anything below a 1.5" drop would not require a camber kit and you would not have to worry about blowing your stock shocks. Is this true? Just wanna double check, thanks.
Old 06-24-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Originally Posted by droppin187s
With the Tein S Tech Springs - (1.4/front 1.3/rear inch drop) is it neccesary to have a camber kit? I was informed by matt (abmerop18 here on 7thgen) that anything below a 1.5" drop would not require a camber kit and you would not have to worry about blowing your stock shocks. Is this true? Just wanna double check, thanks.

you don't require a camber kit with any drop. it's not neccessary....but when your tires get ate up you'll be glad you got one. Any drop now a days is gonna have negative camber with springs and sleeved coilovers. And eventually your shocks will give also! they won't stay like factory.
Old 06-24-2004
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
I don't think it's necessary.
I have tein s tech springs on my car and there is definate negative camber.
But its not too bad.

Camber kit won't hurt you in long run. So Why not.
Old 06-24-2004

yeah...wont hurt. ill start SEARCHING for a good camber kit- i wont ask b/c i dont want Mr. Modify all up on me telling be to search. just playin man.
Old 06-24-2004
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
yeah...wont hurt. ill start SEARCHING for a good camber kit- i wont ask b/c i dont want Mr. Modify all up on me telling be to search. just playin man.

haha. SPC man...more then decent! good price to from danscreation!
Old 06-24-2004

haha. thanks- ill check em out.
Old 06-24-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
bring your car to like ntb for an alignment and have them correct the chamber they normally do anyway but its like 60 bucks i think and thats alot cheaper than gettin chamber kit and install thats what im gonna do with my tein stechs someone tole me a chamber kit isnt necessary unless you got like 2-3 + inch drop
Old 06-24-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
bring your car to like ntb for an alignment and have them correct the chamber they normally do anyway but its like 60 bucks i think and thats alot cheaper than gettin chamber kit and install thats what im gonna do with my tein stechs someone tole me a chamber kit isnt necessary unless you got like 2-3 + inch drop

why do people call it a chamber kit? lol

an like stated before a "CAMBER " kit isn't neccessary for any drop.......
Old 06-24-2004

ok- would you recommend a camber kit on a 1.4" drop. or will it not be that bad since its not a big drop?
Old 06-24-2004
Premium Member

ok- would you recommend a camber kit on a 1.4" drop. or will it not be that bad since its not a big drop?

yes i would recommend one...it's soooooooooooooo worth it!
Old 06-25-2004

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mr.Modify
why do people call it a chamber kit? lol

an like stated before a "CAMBER " kit isn't neccessary for any drop.......
i dunno i alwasy spell it wrong
but i say he should have it adjusted at least because otherwise the inner side of the tire will wear alot quicker and its alot harder to notice when ur car is low plus its not all that great for handling as people think. and it looks alot better i think when the wheel isnt leaning in all retarded lookin
Old 06-25-2004
Registered!!

tarheel365 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the s-techs...
the alignment places couldn't get it back to the factory specs. i was off by like 1 degree in the back and .5 in the front.(not sure exactly search for it in this forum)

but i went ahead and bought an spc kit and now its perfect. so its really ur choice...from wut i'm told....toe will wear out ur tires faster than camber...

when i changed my springs my alignment was waaay off...so after it settles get an alignment... oh and i started rubbing after i got my wheels perfectly aligned...but i have 17s...
Old 06-25-2004
Your Parts Guy

StreetLevelPerformance is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tarheel365
i have the s-techs...
the alignment places couldn't get it back to the factory specs. i was off by like 1 degree in the back and .5 in the front.(not sure exactly search for it in this forum)

but i went ahead and bought an spc kit and now its perfect. so its really ur choice...from wut i'm told....toe will wear out ur tires faster than camber...

when i changed my springs my alignment was waaay off...so after it settles get an alignment... oh and i started rubbing after i got my wheels perfectly aligned...but i have 17s...
Toe will most defintely wear faster than camber.