Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tie rod question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004
All Eyes On Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Tie rod question.

For some reason the tie rod bolt is spinning and I can't get the nut back on. What do I have to do it keep it from spinning?
Old 06-24-2004
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
use a c clamp to hold secure the tie rod and turn bolt
Old 06-24-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I used a reversed c-clamp and put it between my inner fender and top of the tierod to keep heavy pressure on it. That worked fine.
Old 06-24-2004
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
yeah, or you could use the OEM jack.. look at my spring install DIY where I talk about the tie rod. I even have a pic of how to prevent it from spinning.
Old 06-24-2004
All Eyes On Z

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
ya i had that same problem. i just used the oem jack and it worked perfect. good luck
Old 06-24-2004
All Eyes On Z

How much are the c clamps?
Old 06-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Cheap ones can be bought at Home Creepo for 10 bucks depending on size. Are you installing your Hayame V2's? Did you drill out the hole? I ask because it makes me wonder if this is why the hole is suppose to be tapered on the steering arm so that it can stop the tie rod bolt from spinning.
Old 06-27-2004
All Eyes On Z

I'm uninstalling Hayame V2s and will be installing B+Gs. I was trying to flip the tie rod to go under, but the hole was drilled out from the bottom as well when my friend drilled it. I was supposed to receive new front collars but there's no need for them now.

And yes, it's probably why it is moving. Because the hole was drilled out too big, the tie rod isn't even secured on the steering arm - which is resulting in some shitting handling with an even shittier alignment. It was never meant to be drilled but Hayame said so.
Old 06-27-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlammedBlueEM2
I'm uninstalling Hayame V2s and will be installing B+Gs. I was trying to flip the tie rod to go under, but the hole was drilled out from the bottom as well when my friend drilled it. I was supposed to receive new front collars but there's no need for them now.

And yes, it's probably why it is moving. Because the hole was drilled out too big, the tie rod isn't even secured on the steering arm - which is resulting in some shitting handling with an even shittier alignment. It was never meant to be drilled but Hayame said so.
are you trying to say that you drilled out the tie rod hole so it nolonger has a tapper, and re-installed your tie rod????????????????????????

Where do you live cause if its close to me let me know next time your driving it so i can get off the streets
Old 06-27-2004
All Eyes On Z

First of all, SPW told me to drill it... and the top portion was not tapered.

Second of all, I didn't drill it, someone else did. I didn't need him to drill all the way through but apparently he went against what I wanted. It's all good either way.

I'll wave if I spot you in Emeryville, CA.
Old 06-27-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i used a bar and put leverage down on it and then tightened the nut up