Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Tein HA for RSX and EP3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdm_bb is an unknown quantity at this point
Tein HA for RSX and EP3

I know that the tein for the RSX and EP3 can be modified to the 7thgen
My friend is going to sell me his tein HA for a really good deal.
I just want to know what I'll need to do to put this suspension on my 7thgen
and I have an LX coupe.
Thanks
Old 06-22-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
There is no listing for either the DC5 or the EP3 for Tein HA.

If it is for the EP3, then it should swap right in. You may need to cut a hole in the skeleton of your hood. The DC5 would require some work. The ball joints are larger on the RSX i believe.

Last edited by robbclark1; 06-22-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Tein DID make DC5 Type HA coilovers. They were then determined to be way too stiff for road use after the fact, so they replaced them with the Flex model.
Old 06-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Street tires Dont react well to High spring rates.... THough I did find one listing of the DC5s HAs spring rates... and they are only 392/504 so they aren't that stiff. If they were the N1s then I would avoid them for all but Track use (1007/1567)
Old 06-22-2004

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I shoulda got those N1's!! haha...
Old 06-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Depends if you like your fillings were they are now... ( rattle Rattle Rattle...)
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

RSX and EP3 are the same though so is that mean i can just get this install...
what 'll I have to look after..?
Old 06-22-2004
Registered!!

slowvic is an unknown quantity at this point
you probably need a rollcage to take advantage of those spring rates.
Old 06-23-2004

Originally Posted by jdm_bb
RSX and EP3 are the same though so is that mean i can just get this install...
what 'll I have to look after..?
No they aren't. The tie rod ends are a different size and so are the mounting bolts to the brake hub. I know there are a few little things that are different.
Old 06-23-2004
Registered!!

so is that mean if i want to change to that setup i have to change alot of stuff?
Old 06-23-2004

No. They will bolt in, but you might have to get a few bolts or RSX tie rod ends. If it is for the EP3 then it "should" swap right in.
Old 06-23-2004
Registered!!

sheizen is an unknown quantity at this point
if it wasnt made for you car dont buy it, especially tein coilovers.
Old 06-23-2004

Originally Posted by sheizen
if it wasnt made for you car dont buy it, especially tein coilovers.
Completely FALSE!! A few of us have JIC coilovers for the EP3 and some people have the Flex for the EP3. The DC5 ones require a little more modifications but they fit. Just like older integras and civics. they share chassis, they share suspension parts.
Old 06-23-2004
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by robbclark1
Completely FALSE!! A few of us have JIC coilovers for the EP3 and some people have the Flex for the EP3. The DC5 ones require a little more modifications but they fit. Just like older integras and civics. they share chassis, they share suspension parts.
WERD!

JDM_BB u can PM em2guy he had full rsx suspenion on his car. i know he only had to change the tie rod ends and some bolts. forgot what he had to do, to the rear. but yes it can be done.
Old 07-05-2004
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dj02
WERD!

JDM_BB u can PM em2guy he had full rsx suspenion on his car. i know he only had to change the tie rod ends and some bolts. forgot what he had to do, to the rear. but yes it can be done.
Agreed! I only had to put on tie rod ends for the TODA Fightex's to bolt on (I have DC5-R brakes as well though).