Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

car swervs to right even with alignment???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
car swervs to right even with alignment???

i dont get it. i have had 3 alignments all within the past month and a half or so and i keep having this problem. it has been at two different shops too. at first i had a camber bolt that wasnt in correctly for my first two alignments at the local tire kingdom. btw, the first time i went i paid $60 for the alignment and a six month warrenty, so i only have had to pay once for all of this. the first time they aligned it it was drifting to the right so i came back the next day and the camber, toe, and caster were all way off so they align it again. i go drive it this time with one of the mechanics before i lave and it works fine, but as soon as i leave the shop it starts sweerving again. they even gave me an alignment printout showing it was all good this time. since then i got that camber bolt fixed since i assumed that was the problem and i headed up to the tk (tire kingdom) performace in downtown cleveland to let their guys give it a try simce they specifically say they specialize in lowered cars. this time when i went it they showed me all the alignment was way off again on all four wheels. the guy did the alignment as i watched him do all four wheels and get them all in the green. he gave me a printout and i finally thought this was it since i fixed the camber bolt and redid the alignment i thought it would be perfect this time, but NO!!!!

i dont get this at all. what the heck is the problem and why does my car keep going to the right??? i have tried rotating the wheels and everything but that didnt help either. i check the tire pressure too. i have to basically hold my wheel at 10-11 o'clock to go straight.

is this going to cause excess wear on my wheels and how the heck can i fix this???

Last edited by abmerop18; 04-25-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-25-2004

abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
here is my alignment sheet from yesterday when i got my 3rd alignment down at the tk performance in downtown cleveland. it shows that everything is in the correct specifications, but it still drifts right? anyone know what the problem is?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	alignment.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	27686  
Old 04-25-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
see where it says cross camber -.8 degrees? that .8 camber lead to the right and of course it will pull right. Just cause its green on the alignment machine dont mean it will drive straight! take it back and tell them to correct the lead to the right in camber. If anything you would want a little lead left in camber to compensate for road crown. Hope that helps
Old 04-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
make sure they straighten the steering wheel when they do it. Alot of times they forget about that.
Old 04-25-2004

im pretty sure they did because they had this thing he took out of the car that looked like it was holding the wheel in place
Old 04-25-2004
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Quite possibly its your tires....rotate them and see if it fixes the problem.....

Oh, and BTW - I won't PW up this thread like you did to mine....
Old 04-25-2004

lol that whoring has since been deleted. i will rotate the tires tomorrow and put on my hubcentretic ring i just got and see if that helps. will i have to get it re aligned after this do you think?
Old 04-26-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by tfnaaf
see where it says cross camber -.8 degrees? that .8 camber lead to the right and of course it will pull right.
means yes it needs aligned by someone whom knows what they are doing
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

MYNAMESTAKEN is an unknown quantity at this point
same thing happened to me. it was a jacked belt in one of the tires. good thing they didnt tell me this until after i paid for the alignment and took it back twice....
Old 04-26-2004
Registered!!

truehonda has a spectacular aura abouttruehonda has a spectacular aura about
Ok dude, it is called "tire pull" if it has not been mentioned. I didnt read much of it. I had it when I ran some crappy Nittos. Over time or crappy tires tend to have a circular imbalance. You want to get rid of the problem, rotate tires or get new ones if it doesnt help.

Eddie
Old 04-26-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
thats really wierd. i got my car aligned today. I didn't need to use the front camber kit at all. The computer read that I was at perfect camber....the same as it was from the factory. I have Sportlines and Konis in the front and rear. My camber in the front is -.075 and the rear is -1.15. Toe is at 0.03. Something must be bent or loose on ur car. This guy checked the steering wheel...had me sit in the car to check......locked it in place and adjusted the front toe.
Old 04-26-2004

i rotated the wheels today and put on some hubcentretic rings. it helped a little, brought the wheel to 11:15 or so to go straight which isnt to bad. im gonna check tire pressure tomorrow and see whats lookin like.

what should the pressure be for 205-40-17 kuhmo escta supra 712's? i think it says 40psi or so, but when i last did it, i set it to 38 psi all around i think.
Old 04-26-2004

Titleist71 can only hope to improve
I'm at 36 psi in the front....34 psi in the rear...I jave OCD when it comes to my tires and rims...constantly checking them...lol...cleaning and so on. The front has more pressure to compensate for the weight.