Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Umm...little problem here...I think...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Question Umm...little problem here...I think...

After about two weeks of having my Neuspeed Upper Front Strut Bar installed...I went to change out my front grill and glancing at the bar noticed that it doesn't look quite like it did when I first installed it.

I think I bent the front arm on the passenger's side of the bar, right where it's factory bent. I'm pretty sure it looks a bit more "crimped" than it did when I put it on. I could be seeing things, but I think I bent it.

I haven't installed my Koni's yet, so hitting a bump may have caused this as I DO bottom out a lot. (DAMN PARANOID PARENTS, petition to get speed bumps put in, GRANTED, petition to raise speed limit on MAJOR ROAD, DENIED, lol)

AM I IMAGINING THINGS? Or is this a problem that requires I ship the bar back and get a new one AFTER the Koni install...?
Old 03-14-2004

I don't have pics of the "bent" part, but this is a pic RIGHT AFTER THE INSTALL, BEFORE BEING DRIVEN.

The RED part is where the "crip" occured. The distance between the two bar sections at the apex is different from the GREEN side. Have you guys measured this, I neglected to do this when I installed it, so I don't know if the distances SHOULD be different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xxx.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	23752  
Old 03-14-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I think its asymmetric, but I'll go look at mine. If that bent, it would also **** (<--- I cant even use this word in relation to the orientation of a part, thats ghey) the bar in relation to the firewall. Check the spacing along the back as well. Let me go look at mine.
Old 03-14-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Just looked... they're asymmetric, the right bend is sharper than the left. No need to worry.
Old 03-14-2004

AHHH...ok...thanks man!!!

I was gonna be PISSED OFF!! I bought the thing because I think it's the best, and if it bent THAT easy, wow...lol

But it's all good!