General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

why ...honda?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
why ...honda?

i am new to the site but i got my 7th gen more than a year ago. i 've always had this question i wanted to ask...Why does honda cars have such little horsepower but sell so well? i mean i love honda's this is my second one actually thrid if u count my dad's odysey =) i mean nissan cars beats honda cars in every class and model. the maxima has more hp than the accord forget that the altima has more hp than the accord. the sentra sure beats the civic hp wise...but they never sell as good as the honda's. too bad for them maybe there cars looks ugly and not "young" enough...same thing with toyota don't old people drive toyota's? they shoudl really consider some changes i mean the corolla is japan is hot it comes with a body kit, exhaust, rims...but in the USA it looks like a car that somebody's grandparents would drive. that is why hondas will forever be on top...well thats my 2 cents ..hey send me some feedback and tell me wut u guys think... THANKS
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

silvervtec01 is an unknown quantity at this point
its called reliability, great gas milage, and us honda tuners who cant afford more expensive IMPORTs such as TypeRs, GSRs, RSXs, IS300s, etc...
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

LexBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm juss replying to become a member......but i think that honda's are what you might call the best for its price......but if i were to have money dont count on me getting a honda.........the first car i would buy woult be an imported rsx type r and ship it over here to the us......i think the success of honda is their price and their features for their cheap azz cars.....
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

aferenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Take the question even one step further. Why buy Japanese? I mean the most HP you can get for 25,000 is a Nissan Maxima V6 255HP. For that price an RSX type S for 200HP that is an inline 4?? Or for 25,000 you can have a mustang GT V8, that puts you over 300HP, like 320 or 340. The thing I think is when I watch racing on TV I see that Hondas take abuse well. They also get milage and all the reviews say you won't have to take it to the shop that often. That's just my 2cents.
Old 12-15-2001
BOOST JUNKY

SpdRcrChk is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i'm juss replying to become a member......but i think that honda's are what you might call the best for its price......but if i were to have money dont count on me getting a honda.........the first car i would buy woult be an imported rsx type r and ship it over here to the us......i think the success of honda is their price and their features for their cheap azz cars..... >>

If you're just "replying to become a member" then why are you here? I mean if you can't offer any constructive or important information, maybe you should stick to the OFF TOPIC section. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] Don't reply just for the f*ck of it. Know what I mean?
Old 12-15-2001
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
if horsepower is the only factor in buying a car.. everyone will be in a 5.0 V8 or something bigger...

LexBoy: you said if u have money u wont get a honda... but then immediately afterwards u said rsx type r... thats a honda dude. (actually its an integra type r, no rsx in japan... an rsx type r may or may not come to the state)
Old 12-15-2001
liq
Registered!!

liq is an unknown quantity at this point
YEA! DOWN WITH HONDA!!!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

actually nissan is just crazy, their goal is to make every one of their cars to have the most hp in their class.
and honda is about saving the environment and making small engines and that means engines with little HP and little torque.
hondas cars hp levels are almost the same with cars in its class and if u dont think its enough i think it will improve with hondas next generation of cars comming out all with I-VTEC engines.
i dont think our civics are in the same class with the sentra SER but rather with the civic SI.
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I love my Honda and dont plan to buy anything else anytime soon. But why is eveyone going nuts about the HP in the cars, god they are not super cars or anything, they are an excelent car for the price and you can hook them up just about anyway you please. I myself bought mine cause it was reliable and then soon after I got bit by the Import bug and now I am looking to lots of work to the car over the next few years, if i wanted all this HP then I would have bought a truck. Thats my 2 cents.

Crashoveride
Old 12-15-2001
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< i'm juss replying to become a member......but i think that honda's are what you might call the best for its price......but if i were to have money dont count on me getting a honda.........the first car i would buy woult be an imported rsx type r and ship it over here to the us......i think the success of honda is their price and their features for their cheap azz cars..... >>

RSX IS a Honda...

anyway, another reason tehy sell so well is because the aftermarket support? kids love to do things to their toys [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

PsychopathicLX is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Take the question even one step further. Why buy Japanese? I mean the most HP you can get for 25,000 is a Nissan Maxima V6 255HP. For that price an RSX type S for 200HP that is an inline 4?? Or for 25,000 you can have a mustang GT V8, that puts you over 300HP, like 320 or 340. The thing I think is when I watch racing on TV I see that Hondas take abuse well. They also get milage and all the reviews say you won't have to take it to the shop that often. That's just my 2cents. >>

hmmm gt's dont come with 300 hp... its more like 260(or 225 w/ pre-99's). Cobras.... however are at 320... but those puppies cost near 30k
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
10 Reasons I bought Civics?

1. VTEC
2. VTEC
3. VTEC
4. VTEC
5. VTEC
6. VTEC
7. VTEC
8. VTEC
9. VTEC
10. CANT AFFORD A DAMN GSR!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

crazydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just holding on to see if they start makeing the dual note, 400 hp while getting 50 something mpg. ooooo hell hell, best of both worlds
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

VTEC2001CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
reason's for buying a new civic
1. styling
2. 1 of the safest cars on the road today
3. honda will always have an aftermarket following
4. reliability
5. price
6. the fact that it is actually a compact car (not sub-compact) and u
can buy it in a coupe
7. Honda is a respectable name - eveybody knows what you're
talkin about when u say u got a Honda

I think those are 7 pretty good reasons for buyin a Honda.
Old 12-15-2001
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
funny u said honda is a comapct car cause it is the roomiest car in its class...when i went to the nissan dealer i couldn't even sit in the sentra the steering wheel was on my thighs..and i aint even that tall... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] ....