Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Ground Control upsidedown??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Ground Control upsidedown??

***peeps with GCs please read!!!!***

I have been messing around with my ground controls all of this past week. I just realized that the driver's front spring is placed upside down (the words on the spring are upside down). You might say "oh what's the big deal? The spring is identical from top to bottom" Not quite. I placed all the lettering on all four springs facing the SIDES of the car. But I was getting a terrible jarring from the corner where the spring is upside down. I tried adjusting the height so that it is identical on both sides. Still there was noise especially when I would turn to the right (and pressure was being put on the prob side). I kept checking an it turns out that on the springs put correctly (able to read the words straight) the spring coil ENDS on facing the inside on the spring perch (bottom) and facing the outside at the top. Since my left right is upside down, I tried putting the lettering on the spring facing the inside so that the spring would "end" just like the others. What do u know? Perfect suspension w/ no noise. Now my question is: Does the fact that my spring is upside down affect the way that the spring behaves. I ask because I am "satisfied" with the ride quality even thou I'm riding w/ no gap and 19s. But should/can it be better? I dunno.
Old 03-06-2004
Registered!!

anyone? come on now
Old 03-06-2004
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
No, because your spring is a linear rate. If it was a progressive rate, then it would cause some difficulties.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!