Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

air ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flipBloodracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question air ride

is air ride good for everyday driving....need help b4 i buy... for daily driver what is best... air ride or coil overs....???

check link: http://www.airbagit-store.com/produc...t.asp&ID=45895
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
if I was you hell naw i wouldnt go air ride the ride sucks,
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

flipBloodracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Kloverz
if I was you hell naw i wouldnt go air ride the ride sucks,
is air ride for car show only...? y suck...? i just like the air ride because of its height adjustability....
Old 02-20-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
car show would be good, but to daily drive it your asking for it, it will bounce all over the place,
Old 02-20-2004
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
No, not for daily driver.
Old 02-28-2004
Registered!!

eyecandyprez is an unknown quantity at this point
wow you guys are funny, it depends on what height the bags are set as, you have a couple choices. you can get air struts which are basically a air bag on a strut, not much too it just instead of a spring its a rubber bag. or you can go with as us car show goers call cans. cans are bassically the same thing but the bag is shaped like a tall cylinder. which are bad *** for cars. i think. now the difference is the bags are more like a ride of say a cadilac, or big lincoln. the cans are a little stiffer and get you taller faster. but they dont have much of a inbetween, the bags do, you can just press up or down on them and they adjust pretty well where you want them. but these guys arent gonna tell you if they like them or not. but, if your going show i suggest bags and they arent that bad for daily driving but dont get them if you live a very hot or a snowy place, they might pop or crack. but if you want to race definatly get coilover if your gonna spend all that money on air ride go with tein struts and some kind of cheap coilover. nopi makes some good cheap ones called number 1.
Old 02-29-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by eyecandyprez

or you can go with as us car show goers call cans. cans are bassically the same thing but the bag is shaped like a tall cylinder.
ummm...no, they are called sleeves. "cans" is short for canisters, aka, rods. They are rods inside of "canister" that moves up and down like a piston.

go this this thread and read the first few pages to get ur answer. Anymore question's......PM me or hit me up on AIM.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=128080

Last edited by civic01vtec; 02-29-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
depends if its a hack job or a good install/set up... for just a cruizer ide say air ride is certianly daily driver material... racing --- not a chance. a cheap air ride sytem... forget about drivin it at all.... you realllllyyy get what ya pay for etc....
Old 03-02-2004
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like dragin said if its done right then u can daily drive and the ride will be smoother than any full coilover or any other kind of drop. A few of my friends have air ride for daily driven and they have not had any problems. 2 of them are on cylinders and the ride is awesome and super smoother. My other friends have either airstruts or bags and the rides is also awesome and smooth. Its just all depends on install and quality products and remember u get what u pay for. U wont have to worry about bags blowin either as long as there not rubbing on anything while drivin or while inflated or deflated and make sure not to drive with them slammed or fully infated.
Old 03-02-2004
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by civic01vtec
ummm...no, they are called sleeves. "cans" is short for canisters, aka, rods. They are rods inside of "canister" that moves up and down like a piston.

go this this thread and read the first few pages to get ur answer. Anymore question's......PM me or hit me up on AIM.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=128080
Amen!!!
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

Willy is an unknown quantity at this point
my car is a daily driver and its bagged. i just redone the rear setup. i used s 10 brackets and firestone 2500 lb bags. of course there was alot of welding involved. i also notched the upper side of my frame, and notched my lower a-arm. after i did that i cut half of the rear fender wells out so my 18s would come up through the trunk. i have the factory bumpers, and im 1inch from laying pinch wells. i haft to figure out how to mount some shocks in the rear, i dont have much space, and it bounces like a 60 year olds titty. im going to post pics of the new setup later on. so that being said, i drive my car everywhere, sure it bounces in the rear but thats worth it to me. in the front i have air struts no probs there. IT ALL DEPENDS ON A TRUSTFUL INSTALL, WHETHER OR NOT THE AIR SETUP WILL TAKE DAILY DRIVING. thats my 2 cents. later
Old 03-03-2004
Registered!!

kyle is an unknown quantity at this point
***** your setup sounds cool can t wait to see the pics. i am still debating to do the air thing. maybe when i see your pics it will convince me.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

im in the process of getting pics.
Old 03-04-2004
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey ***** u think u can get those Toxic shocks in at an angle or is there no room for this. Im sure it can be done just takes lots of work.
Old 03-06-2004
Registered!!

i tried mounting them in front of the rear wheel. but when i aired it out, the tire cambers ,so much that it came in contact with the shock. as far as the behind the rear wheel my car goes to low. so this is what im thinking about doing, on the upper single A-arm weld a mount to it. let the shock come through where i cut the fender well inside the trunk, take some tubing and make a top bracket, and weld it inside the trunk. im going to try something. i haft to ride with alot of air in the back so it wont bounce as much. im taking pics sun. later guys
Old 03-13-2004
Registered!!

kyle is an unknown quantity at this point
hey ***** are those pics done yet? still cant wait to see them.