Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

quality of wanli tires??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brents1 is an unknown quantity at this point
quality of wanli tires??

Does anyone know what kind of quality Wanli tires are? They are z-rated, and come with the wheel tire package I'm wanting to get. I've never heard of them - does anyone know anything about them?
Old 05-29-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're knockoffs of an old Yokohama tread pattern. Thats all I know about them.
Personally, I'd go with a known brand, but thats just me... its worth the upcharge to get some decient tires.
Old 05-29-2003
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Are you ordering from www.wheelguyz.com? IF YOU ARE, DONT!!!!!!

They are the only ones that Ive ever heard of selling Wanli Tires and they come in their wheel/tire packages and those guyz are a bunch of liars, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

Bogus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Never heard of them, they probobly suck too.
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

uh... yeah i was looking at wheelguyz.com - seemed like a good deal. Have you had bad experiences w/ them or something?
Old 05-29-2003
TUCKIN 19s

Just let me tell you, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

I ordered the rims I wanted. They said it would be 2 weeks because they only had 3 rims in the warehouse. They told me if would take less than a week to get the 4 th from RH EVO directly and that it would be there soon. Well, 2 weeks went by, I called him and he said that the rim hadnt arrived and to call back. I called back a week later, he said the rim had not come in yet, but its in the process of being shipped and i will DEFINATELY have it next week. The next week, i called back, he said he had recieved the rim and it was being mounted/balanced at the moment and that the next week I would FOR SURE have it. He then told me all 4 rims/tires would be shipped out tomorrow. Well, I called back at the end of the day I was supposed to recieve it (almost 5 weks later than when i ordered), and he is now saying that he still hasnt recieved the 4th rim. At this point , i told him i was getting angry and i thought i was being lied to and that i basically didnt appreciate it. He then offered to refund my account on my credit and told me that my rim would be in any day now and i will recieve a fone call from him in the next few days when it comes in, and at that point, i could re-do my order. Never heard back from him.

That was 2 months ago, TRUST ME, they will **** you around. Just buy locally at Discount Tire or whatever, they can get anything you want and will match all internet prices.

The guy I delt with's name was Mannie at wheelguyz.

Eli
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

wow. I guess I won't be ordering from them. Did you ever get your money back? You say Discount Tire will match internet prices? Even Ebay?
Old 05-29-2003
TUCKIN 19s

Well, I did get my refund of $1100 from them back onto the credit card, but thats not the point.

Discount Tire is not going to match EBAY, nobody will. Ebay is totally different from a company.

Just trust me, and goto Discount Tire. You will be much happier, i promise. I am...
Old 05-29-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
What kind of rims are you looking for? I know Tire Rack lets you pick any tire you want... and you buy the rims and tires at the same time, and they'll mount them for free. They've got the cheapest tire prices I know of and a pretty big selection of rims, but a lot of the wheels are pricey (OZ, BBS, SSR, etc....), You gotta pay shipping though. Discount Tire Direct does free shipping I think, and the prices are considerably cheaper than what the local store will charge you. I got mine from 1010tires.com in Canada, had no problems, but I didn't get a "deal" either... I just bought the rims, and I paid shipping on them, but the service was great and the guy on the phone hooked me up with everything I needed, I then went to Tire Rack and got the tires mounted and installed, had all my questions answered there too.
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

Yeah, I looked at tire rack... they didn't have what I really wanted. I'm looking for the Enkei RS6, or something similar with 6-spokes. I notice a couple wholesale sellers on ebay that sell the RS6, and wheelguyz.com was one of them. I can't find the other one right now. The other seller offered the same wheels, but with nankang/kumho h-rated tires for $690 + shipping. I guess I'll keep searching, and stop at Discount tire on the way home. Thanks guys.

-brent
Old 05-29-2003
TUCKIN 19s

I believe discount tire has those rims. goto www.discounttire.com and check it out. and i wish i would have seen tire racks prices because i paid about $15 a tire more....
Old 05-29-2003
Registered!!

steve@whalentire.com is the other seller I was trying to remember. Has anyone heard of them? Yeah, discount tire does have the rs6... I need to find a website that has them alot cheaper though...
Old 05-29-2003
TUCKIN 19s

well, im sure discount tire will match wheelguyz.com price on it, just print it out. also, then you can pick it up locally instead of dealing with dumbass shipping.
Old 05-30-2003
mig
Registered!!

mig is an unknown quantity at this point
I had great service from Whalen Tire. Bought my ADR's from them. Showed some give in their pricing, didn't BS me, and were friendly.
Old 05-30-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
www.whalentires.com
VERY good!!
shipped out my rims next day
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I was going to buy through discount direct too but they ended up being out of my rims at the time I wanted to order which were the RS6. Called them and they said it would be a good 3 mths till they were in again. About that time whalentire had their clearance sale going on so I bought my rims and tires through them I got a really great deal with tuner lugs and wheel locks. Great service and got my rims in like a week if I remember right. Yeah the discount tire store here wouldn't match the direct prices which I couldn't believe so you are better off just ordering through discount tire direct. I went to a local shop and payed $7 to use their stuff and couldn't be happier.