Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Stock Firestone tires on aftermarket rim?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SanMateo is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock Firestone tires on aftermarket rim?

I am looking at Motegi wheels and I am confused which ones to get like 15x6.5 or 15x7? I read the catalog that stock steel wheel is 15x6 and I wasn't sure about those wheels fit my stock tires.....Please advise and thanks.

Oh yea, Motegi wheels required tuner lug nuts? I heard that the set will cost me at$49.99 and cheaper ones? Where can I find? Please advise.
Old 08-03-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SanMateo
I am looking at Motegi wheels and I am confused which ones to get like 15x6.5 or 15x7? I read the catalog that stock steel wheel is 15x6 and I wasn't sure about those wheels fit my stock tires.....Please advise and thanks.

Oh yea, Motegi wheels required tuner lug nuts? I heard that the set will cost me at$49.99 and cheaper ones? Where can I find? Please advise.[hr]
I am not sure if the stock tires will fit on aftermarket rims...but my bro had some Primax ones that were the same size as the stock wheels on his Cavalier and he mounted them on the tires that came with the car...so it should work...

As for the tuner lugs, they aren't required, but they definitely look better and are easier to take off...don't go with the lugs from Motegi's website, they are mad expensive...your local auto parts store should carry em or they can order them for ya...

hope this helps!

2Hottie
Old 08-03-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
stock firestones are horrible! i'd prefer new tires on stock hubs over stock firestones on new rims