Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Michelin Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThatDude is an unknown quantity at this point
Michelin Tires

Hey guys, Im getting a set of tires in a few weeks and have always went with Michelin on my cars

Discount Tire shows Michelin Destiny and Michelin Defender as fitting properly. Anyone have any experience with both? Destiny are cheaper but have a higher rating on the site. Just need some tires for city driving

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/searchTiresByVehicleAndSize.do?v=006736|2001&sortB y=prca&r=TSEINT|pc|77034&ar=70&fqs=true&rd=14&cs=1 85
Old 04-02-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Michelin Tires

I think the Defender is new, crazy mileage life though. Destiny ?

I love the Harmony tires, have bought quite a few sets over the years. All have reached their 80K life and then some.

Michelin has some good stuff.
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

I have Costco's version of the Destiny, Michelin X-Radial. They are quiet and ride great. And you can't beat the mileage warranty. And they offer a $70 rebate which made them quite a bit cheaper than what Discount wanted. (although the Bridgestones have the rebate right now, Michelin will be next month)
Over $100 less for the set. With rebate they were $262 mounted and balanced out the door (P175/70r13)
Larger sizes would have been a little more.
Old 04-02-2013
Registered!!

dred is an unknown quantity at this point

I just ordered pilot exalto a/s getting them installed tomorrow.
Cant wait to get rid of my crappy solar HP tires.
Old 04-03-2013
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

LOL. Christ. 80k?! I don't even expect my tires to reach 15k miles
Old 04-03-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
LOL. Christ. 80k?! I don't even expect my tires to reach 15k miles
I think the Defender is 90k.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

EM2 Driver is an unknown quantity at this point

I put the defenders on my brother's Sentra. They are great tires, ride really nice and are quiet.
Old 04-03-2013
Registered!!

dred is an unknown quantity at this point

well got em on they r lookin nice.
much quieter then my winter blizzacks...lol (I would hope so)

will have to see as the summer goes how they are hopefully no more
wheel hoppin when the pavement is damp ...even in second

first time I bought no name tires won't do that again.
price was right at the time.
Old 04-10-2013
Registered!!

I went with Destinys and theyre great so far. Very smooth and quiet, alot better than the no name tires that came with the car
Old 04-10-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

When I finnaly upgrade my rims, i will get better tires, I have cheap tires on now. Primewell.. LOL
Old 04-11-2013
Registered!!

danwat12345 has a spectacular aura aboutdanwat12345 has a spectacular aura about

Smooth and quiet and long life, whoo hoo. But what about a better balance with some versatility and all-season performance along with decent life and decently low rolling resistance. @dred, you've got the right idea.
It's like wearing shoes that you can slip and trip in the rain on but they last twice as long.

Maybe Michelin Defender and Destiny are decent tires but the names and tread pattern aren't very impressive
Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

EM2 Driver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danwat12345
Smooth and quiet and long life, whoo hoo. But what about a better balance with some versatility and all-season performance along with decent life and decently low rolling resistance. @dred, you've got the right idea.
It's like wearing shoes that you can slip and trip in the rain on but they last twice as long.

Maybe Michelin Defender and Destiny are decent tires but the names and tread pattern aren't very impressive
The Michelin Tires are probably one of the best tires you can get in stock wheel size for wet braking. I had the Primacy MXV4 on my 2004 civic with stock alloy rims, and they were amazing in all conditions including heavy rain. If you want the absolute best wet/dry braking/cornering you are going to have to get differnet rims and put some summer or ultra High performance all seasons on the car.
Old 05-27-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by danwat12345

Explain? I dont know, I've asked quite a few people that are obsessed with cars and working on them about Michelin and they all say it's a great brand to go with for everyday cars. I've never heard someone say they're not good tires....
Old 08-14-2013
Registered!!

clybourn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ThatDude
Explain? I dont know, I've asked quite a few people that are obsessed with cars and working on them about Michelin and they all say it's a great brand to go with for everyday cars. I've never heard someone say they're not good tires....
That's because they are great tires. I've gotten 100,000 miles out of a set of Michelin LTX on the truck I owned before getting my civic.

I do all city driving also. When the Continentals that came with the car wear out
I've decided on Michelin Defenders are going on next.