Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fast16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brakes

Hi how are you guys doing, thinking of upgrading my rotors and brake pads do u think i should get the oem style rotors and brake pads or i'm looking at the power slot rotors and hawk brake pads does anybody have these rotors or brake pads?

would appreciate some feedback

thanks
Old 07-09-2009
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Re: Brakes

just stick with oem (blank) style rotors. the slotted and drilled rotors are mainly for show when they're the same diameter as the stock rotors.
i have the Hawk HP+ pads myself. they're kinda for track use, but i use them for street also since i dont use this car anymore for the track.
the HP+ bite really good, and are less likely to fade under repeated hard braking. since they are used for the track, they are very dusty, so your rims will get dirty quick. and, if you dont clean your rims often, you run the risk of tarnishing the finish on your rims. plus, these pads are noisy. they squeek and grind when you step on the brakes, so it can get annoying at times.

i've tried the Hawk HPS pads before also. i must say they sucked, even for street use. they didnt bite down well at all.

if you want a pad thats one step (or two) above the OEM pads, i'd recommend the PBR Axxis Ultimate. they grab hard, but can fade under heavy use (shouldnt be a problem for the street at all), they're quiet, but they are dusty also - just not as dusty as the HP+.
Old 07-10-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest OEM rotors and a decent set of ceramic pads. This is the best setup IMO. Good full ceramic pads are not dusty, they bite better than stock and are the least noisy of the bunch. Just make sure you do your research and get a decent set!
Old 07-10-2009
Registered!!

thanks alot daily driver and tbohar i'm leaning towards getting the oem rotors and the axxis brake pads i really appreciate it guys

thanks again
Old 07-10-2009
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about

you dont have to get OEM rotors. you can go to NAPA or Carquest, Autozone, etc. and just get their cheap generic stuff.

rotors are rotors.
Old 07-28-2009
Registered!!

Grewe02 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do you think of EBC pads?
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

i personally have never used EBC pads, but i've read reviews from people that have. basically the general consensus is that people dont like the way they perform.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

yeah i heard alot of ppl dont like them