Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Higher tire pressure can save your life!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
You know what's funny? In his sig and on here, he claims that he gets 50+ mpg. But yet when he posts his stats, he never gets better then 43/44 mpg. I am officially raising the flag. That's gotta be a first, he just got owned by himself.
Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha yea i think hes barely getting a few mpg more than we are by doing it the safe way
Old 06-07-2006
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
"you can check out my engine i'm sure you'd love to find the evidence that supports your facts but unfortnately I have no one that reliable to look at my car. My battery is starting to show its age but how long do you guys make your batteries last anyways? isn't 48 months the usual length to replace one?"

You know what, a battery should last longer than 4 years, dumbass. Your lack of mechanical savvy is making you look like a douche bag. My suggestion is quit while you are ahead before you embarrass yourself further. I would also like to show some sympathy to your car because its obvious you are fvcking it up and to stupid to realize it. I suggest you go get yourself a Chevette, continue driving like a grandma and buy another piece o' **** after that one breaks. It would probably be cheaper than fixing your hybrid.
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Yeah I got like 38+ with out even really trying. I used the cruise control moderately, and have not had an oil change in almost 9k miles. I revved it ocassionally. One of the first times i actually calculated mpg with accuracy, and it was just by chance. My friend got me some gas and told me how much he put in and I just happened to have the od set right.

I also have 15 inch 11lb rims, so that might help some, everything else is stock.

Last edited by jackburton; 06-07-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2006

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
You know, we have to also look at his posts with an openmind, (i am guilty of not doing this) he is entitled to his opinion and honestly if he is wrong I am sure he will be the first to throw his foot in his mouth.......maybe if his head doesn't inflate anymore. We could end up having the last laugh when he breaks his car and gets the bill from Honda. He may get OWNED!!!
Old 06-07-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
This is what I imagine that philmcneal looks like driving his car, thinking about all the gas he's saving and how he's singlehandedly saving the planet.

Old 06-07-2006

Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
whoa wait he has a hybrid?? i thought this was a regular car. hybrids already get 50+ mpg without these stupid techniques.
Old 06-07-2006

maybe I am wrong but I thought he was driving a hybrid.........
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
I thought he had both, but I do not know. It is hard to be on the same page with this guy. I could barely even have a discussion with him, he was all over the place.
Old 06-07-2006

I may have gotten it mixed up becuase I was looking at that URL he has in his sig. All of them have Hybrids in that forum
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

^father u c king the police
Old 06-07-2006

He doesn't have a hybrid. He said if he had a hybrid he'd be getting 100 mpg...
Old 06-07-2006

Jackburton^^cash rules everything around me
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

cream get the money
$$$ bills yall
Old 06-07-2006

Trying to convert? WTF! God damnit, I hate it when people press their agendas upon other people, especially when it's one as douchebagtastic as this one. You better switch 7thgencivic from Doubtful to No way in hell, because we're not stupid enough to buy into your bullshit. Or the bullshit of those other people who read one artcile that validates what they think and then go around quoting it like it's the gospel. Like I have said before, the article at the police site does NOT advocate running your tires more then the manufacturer reccomends on the sidewall, yet your first post in here said "I'm going to pump it 10 pounds over the max sidewall pressure LOLZ OMG I RULE"

To further my point, this is just ****ing classic:

Originally Posted by philmcneal on cleanmpg.com
I see some rips in my tires here and there, maybe I can use duct tape to stop the bleeding?
Hmm, maybe that's from there being TOO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE IN THE TIRES! Let's think about this logically for a moment. What happens when you blow up a baloon too much? It pops. Now think about your tires. Putting in more pressure then the tire can handle, is causing it to expand more then it was designed to. Hmm, cause of cracks?

And then there's your profile on clean mpg.com...Wow

Vehicles:
2004 Civic Coupe 5Spd
Interests:
Mileage
Student
Biography:
Family man who desires more mileage.

Wow, now I am sure that the picture I posted before really IS you while driving.

Last edited by 01HonderCivic; 06-07-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

haha! wow. i'm done. but before i go i'll make the first useful contribution. You want more gas mileage, get something that actually works instead of endangering yourself and other drivers.

hvs-eco for 4-10% increased mileage.

Old 06-07-2006

What the hell is that thing? Is it kinda like the "Speed Seeker" performance chip for our 7th gens
Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

no its actually a real product. i have the GT version and it does really do what it claims, more mpg, better charging system, etc. its a series of hi power capacitors that smoothens voltage flow through the car.

Old 06-07-2006

Hmm...Intriguing solution. Better then running red lights and stop signs like philmcneal does just to conserve momentum. And better then running 60 psi in the tires. That's a solution that I might actually consider.
Old 06-07-2006
Premium Member

well its pricey around $200 thats prolly how much phil spends on gas every year!
Old 06-07-2006

I say close this thing, it's a stupid arguement already and i am tired of listening to his verbal diarreha
Old 06-07-2006

Don't delete...This thread would be a good teaching tool. On how to be retarded
Old 06-08-2006

^^^^^
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

philmcneal should not be trustedphilmcneal should not be trusted
lol good round peeps! until next time. I will continue to pursuit my goals are you guys will continue to pursuit yours. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2006
Premium Member

put 7thgencivic (hell no) on your conversion list
Old 06-08-2006

its PERSUE, dumbass, P-U-R-S-U-E...............not pursuit.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

philmcneal should not be trustedphilmcneal should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Graphicdude
its PERSUE, dumbass, P-U-R-S-U-E...............not pursuit.

chill im still taking high school english. So'll we'll all meet again sometime? Until then 7thgencivic will continue to be my place for DIY stuff.

Don't worry Gearbox, hells no is indeed I was just trying for one more push. After all quitters never excel.
Old 06-08-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by philmcneal
chill im still taking high school english. So'll we'll all meet again sometime? Until then 7thgencivic will continue to be my place for DIY stuff.

Don't worry Gearbox, hells no is indeed I was just trying for one more push. After all quitters never excel.

seriously dude, you're like the herpes...we think you're finally gone, cuz you say you're leaving...then right back with the same ****....
Old 06-08-2006
Premium Member

bwahaha. ya in highschool my grammar and spelling were about the same as now, very good. So you have no excuse. maybe if you could write better, people would take you seriously. well no they still won't sorry. oh well

Quick Reply: Higher tire pressure can save your life!