Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Hub Centric Rings Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I don't have any on my car, just the stock little plastic pos's. And no vibrations... so I'm good lol. The metals ones are sitting right here next to me
Old 03-22-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Sure, they arnt doing me any good sitting in my room
how much would you like shipped to 70504 via USPS cuz thats the only carrier i can get mail from lol
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
i did use my centric rings. i have metal one's (came with the wheels) but what i'm talking about is my center caps for my wheels aren't snapping in completely cause 1 of the lug nuts is in the way and is NOT letting me put them on. these are the wheels i have that i put today on my car and they have that center wheel cap to cover up and hide the lug nuts. thats
what i'm talking about thats not fitting in completely snugged and flush with the wheel cause of 1 lug nut is in the way and it's not letting me. i think they may have given me the wrong lug nuts. maybe these lug nuts are too big. when the wheel was off the car and sitting in my appartment. i was able to have the center caps snapped on them, snugged and on completely. but now with the wheels bolted on my car, there is something wrong with the center caps and the fitting for them on the wheels. i looked. it's 1 of the lug nuts not letting me snap the center caps all the way it completely those fools at www.discounttiredirect.com gave me lug nuts that won't let me put the wheel's center caps on once bolted onto my car...

Last edited by Johnold; 03-22-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i work at Discount Tire and a common prob. with the rings can solve is vibes on aftermarket wheels.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

those centric rings are great by the way. i went like 85 to 90 MPH and my car was gliding like it was ONLY going 45 MPH!. just thought that i'd add that. they did a good job balancing my wheels. and the centric rings are snugged nicely too and giving my car a nice roll. but thats not mattering right now. i'm pissed off about the wheel's center caps NOT fitting man!. what the ****!!!?
Old 03-22-2006
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
It's your lug nuts then. Usually lug nuts are interchangeable w/ different types of wheels--looks like this time's the exception. Call Discount Tires up, they should be able to swap your lug nuts.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

yeah but they're already bolted on my car though. you telling me that i gotta take my wheels off and put my stock one's back on in order to take care of the issue? i thought of just going to an autoshop or an automotive store and buying new one's that'll let me fit my center caps on. i wonder who would sell lug nuts. (GOOD LUG NUTS)

the lug nuts i have on my car right now are GORILLA lug nuts. i wonder where i can get smaller GORILLA lug nuts for the center cap to fit.

Last edited by Johnold; 03-22-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

Dticalman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by aki
Dang so much misinformation.

14) Polycarbonate -> Metal -> Plastic hub centric rings. Metal ones tend to still cause minor vibrations when driving. Plastic cracks.

I'm not understanding how your center caps have anything to do with lugs. Center caps don't ever hit lugs, stems, or hubs. They just snap into the wheel. If you're talking about the lugs not going in, they may have given you the wrong lugs.
So in other words, polycarbonate is the best to get?
Old 03-23-2006
Blacked Out Crew

rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Dticalman81
So in other words, polycarbonate is the best to get?
If polycarbonate are metal.....Yes!
If polycarbonate are plastic.....which I'm 99.95% sure....then NO!
Buy the metal ones on Discount Tire! Call them, they will take care of you!

Originally Posted by Johnold
yeah but they're already bolted on my car though. you telling me that i gotta take my wheels off and put my stock one's back on in order to take care of the issue? i thought of just going to an autoshop or an automotive store and buying new one's that'll let me fit my center caps on. i wonder who would sell lug nuts. (GOOD LUG NUTS)

the lug nuts i have on my car right now are GORILLA lug nuts. i wonder where i can get smaller GORILLA lug nuts for the center cap to fit.
I have Gorilla on mine and they're small. I'm sure you can call discount tire for more options or do a search on the subject on one of the forums for advice.

Last edited by rockrosa; 03-23-2006 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost