Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Parking Brake Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Parking Brake Stuck

I have a 02 LX MT. This morning I went out to the car. (I have a slopped driveway just FYI) I got in the car pulled up on the e-brake and it dropped but the car did not roll back. It felt like there was a wheel block behind one of the tires so I pulled the brake back on and got out to check. There was nothing blocking any of the wheels. So I got back in and released the brake again. There was a split second then a popping noise and the car rolled back as usual. Drove to school and there was a little squeeking at first then it went away after a mile.
Anyone been through this or know what it could be? Thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2006
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
How cold is it?
they sometimes do stick in cold weather it can also stick on if you pull it on while the drums are fire hot,
check the tension on the cable, also check the cable in the back to make sure nothing is frayed or blocking it.
Old 02-28-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
it was probably 50-60 degrees and had been sitting all night. I'll check it this afternoon
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Just out of curiosity, how do you check the tension on that cable? this is probably a stupid question. I have the feeling mine is worn out because even after I adjusted my rear brakes, the parking brake lever has some play to it. not sure weather I have a problem with the parking brake lever or the actual cable itself. Just havent gotten around to checking it.