Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

tire problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005
im stock now! T.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
tire problem

I have the 12 spoke 16" honda rims on my civic with yokohama es100 tires. Ever since I had a problem with the tires. For some reason when Im going over a patch the car turns towards that way. For instance, the lines you see on the streets, if Im going on the line my tire would move with it, thus causing my steering wheel to slide along the line. THis used to happen but not has bad as now. For some reason, I get a tremendous amount of pull when I hit those lines, but before it only pulled a little enough to keep the steering wheel straight. Now I cant even keep it straight. Is it because tires are losing thread or what? Maybe alignment? Im not a tire junkie here so any advice will help.

BTW im lowered on handr springs and tokico shocks.
Old 10-13-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Its called tracking. Its magnified now because the car is stiffer than it was, so rather than sucking up some of the imperfection you feel it. Wide tires more so than skinny ones. You eventually just get used to dealing with it and drive in the groove or change lanes (trucks don't usually use the left lane, so its less grooved).
Old 10-13-2005
im stock now! T.T

yeah buts its weird sometimes if im going like 80-90 from going 60-70 my steering wheel will move left to right not too much to loose control but enough to feel it. I feel that people behind me see something on my car that is not right and I have no one to drive my car for me as I know no one that knows how to drive stick except for my sister.
Also before, I was using the same tires and this didnt happen as much but as soon as the threadwear of these tires ran out, my car fell deeply into the grooves. I feel it about 200% more than I felt it before.

forgot to mention that my steering wheel has to be a little to the right to be going straight. I think this is because I had removed the steering wheel to put on a rsx-s steering wheel then decided to go back to stock and put the stock steering wheel kinda off centered. Will an alignment solve the steering wheel aligning unproperly.

Last edited by Civic_RedLine; 10-13-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I think I have a similar situation, when I go over a bump like a sunken sewer hole my car tends to sway a lil toward to the side of the bump then back and I got lowered suspension. I dont experiance this with my dad's corolla.
Old 10-13-2005
Bma
Registered!!

Bma is an unknown quantity at this point
I have AVS ES100's too and they're terrible for tracking IMO, so get used to holding the steering wheel tight
Old 10-14-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
This happened to my car before I got my front camber bolts. The inside tread on both of my front tires was worn down in a few thousand miles from being lowered without it. I'm running 18's but I'm sure the same principles apply. I needed to get new tires. Doesn't happen now. This may be the cause of your problems. I got pirelli p zero nero and recommend them.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
camber on the wheels from a lowered suspension (or a one-coil chop all the way around like i have) will make your steering seem slightly ****ed off. even after the coil chop, and a realignment, wheels came out to 1.4 degrees in front, 3 degress in back, without any camber bolts or plates added to the car.

what ****s off the tracking most is the heavy negative camber in the rear tires, the fronts do play with the steering also but no nearly as much. and thicker tire width as mentioned above this post exaggerates the effect, front and back
Old 10-14-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
i like the ES100s. IMO Kumho 712s are for worse for tracking.
Old 10-14-2005
im stock now! T.T

this is my second set of es100s next time im not getting these tires ne more. Ive gone maybe 10k miles with them and already thread is wearing out so quick.
Also I have rear camber kit but no front. Front didnt need it, but ill make sure to get those camber bolts before my next alignment which will be soon.
hopefully that will make a dramatic change and make my car more fun to drive instead of a pain to drive.