Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Goodridge SS brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Goodridge SS brake lines

What do you think of them? I need a pair of brake lines for my ep3 rear disc conversion and it may even be cheaper getting these lines than OEMs. I was just wondering if anyone has eny experience with them? I know the fronts would fit also, as a bonus. thnx.

Old 06-08-2005
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
they work well and dont leak. but i did notice that the brake pedal still doesnt feel that great. Its only a little bit better then stock and I have rear disk brakes also. I just bought AEM pads from Dezod Im hoping to see a bigger difference...
Old 06-15-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
just orderd a set they will be hear on monday
Old 06-16-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I used a full set of SS lines when I swapped. They don't seem to do much other than grab a lot faster in the pedal travel, which is fine by me.
Old 06-16-2005
Registered!!

etdigitalis should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
I used a full set of SS lines when I swapped. They don't seem to do much other than grab a lot faster in the pedal travel, which is fine by me.
Boilermaker, did you get the goodridge set?

when i was installing them on the front, i noticed they fit fine on the caliper end, but didn't thread as far in as the OEM hoses on the other end. so i compared the non-caliper ends of both the SS and OEM hoses and saw some major differences between the two. the thread pattern and size is identical, but the inside of the fittings are dramatically different. i wish i had pictures to show...

they're installed and still work, but i feel i have to periodically check them for signs of leakage.

has anyone else this fitment problem?

also, something else i didn't like about the goodridge hoses is the bracket in the middle of the hose slides freely, unlike the OEM hose which is fixed into position. so if you don't set the slack just right, you run the risk of it rubbing against your wheel or tugging when you turn.
Old 06-16-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I don't have goodridge lines, I have Russell lines and I got them from Truehonda. Mine also don't thread on as far, but to this point, they haven't leaked a drop. It is a tapered fitting as far as I could tell, so the fact that it doesn't thread on as far isn't nearly as important as the fact that the threads are sealing, which they seem to do.
Old 06-18-2005
Registered!!

ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=blouisgod]What do you think of them? I need a pair of brake lines for my ep3 rear disc conversion and it may even be cheaper getting these lines than OEMs. I was just wondering if anyone has eny experience with them? I know the fronts would fit also, as a bonus. thnx.

QUOTE]

Hey bro, tried to PM you back but your box is full. Let me know when you can recieve again? Thanks

Cajun
Old 06-18-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
I just got my brakes too...is this worth the money?
Old 06-18-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Is it worth it for what? If you have to buy new OEM Si rear rubber lines, its about $60. You can buy the full stainless set of four for about $110. So if you have to buy lines, its kind of a what the heck kind of thing. No I don't think its "worth the money", but you're better off with SS than rubber for the same price.
Old 06-19-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i have the lines from the donor car..i was just wondering if i should do this as a "while im at it" type thing.