Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

19'' for everyday use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
19'' for everyday use?

are 19'' rims on with no lowering good for everday driving? will it rub and mess my paint up? will rims bend?
Old 04-24-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
im pretty sure they should fit with like 35 series tires. but i'd take the corners slow.
Old 04-24-2005
cant boost cuz it'll wreck the name

BOOSTLESSD17 is an unknown quantity at this point
They'll fit no problem with 35 series tire and they will bend if you hit big potholes
Old 04-24-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
if you want to get 19s and not lower the civic you should avoid the expensive cost and get some chrome hub cap spinners because they will look just as rediculous on your car as 19s without a drop would look.

if you dont want yout car too look like a monster truck with 19s you gotta drop at least 2.5 inches.
Old 04-24-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
to answer your question:
no, 19's are NOT ideal for daily driving. 19" and up are leaning more of the "show" catergory than performance/daily drivers choice. and without a drop, your car will be at the height of an suv.

not sure on rubbing with no drop, maybe just making u-turns depending what series tire. when it rubs, it could mess up the paint if its litterally grinding the hell out of your fender. but that is a fixer with rolling fenders. or cut them (which some might not recommend). there is an DIY for fender rolling... basically use metal baseball bat and push it so your inner fender lip will push inward.

depending on road conditions and driving habits, yes they can easily bend depending on tire series again. with a 35 series tire, you will be lucky to drive around the city and most areas without damaging your rims. but if you drive in areas where its clean and smooth without dips, potholes, bumps, etc... you can be a lucky fish. but most people who run 19's dont daily drive, they are mainly show. yes they look real clean, but u dont know the suffering they go thru to maintain there car and driving habits.
Old 04-24-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
i drive on 19s daily and i drive no differently than when it was stock (probably even harder on the 19s)...never had an issue with them
Old 04-24-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
fvck 35 sidewalls...ive never trusted them. you hit a big pothole and ur wheel is finished...and yea, id roll on 19's everyday, but not with 35's.
Old 04-24-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
i got 19's roll on em everyday for the last 2+ years

check my member rides pics
Old 04-24-2005
Yes, it's an Acura EL

TeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to allTeLLy is a name known to all
I've had my 19's on for just weeks and am only now starting to realize that every little crack in the road is NOT going to bend my rims, LOL. I was paranoid for a while there but now no more mini heart attacks. I DO drive much more carefully though, and find myself taking alternate (longer?) routes when I know a road I'm going down is really bad. And that says a lot since I drive down highway 401 then down Yonge to Eglinton, and my gf lives in Hamilton. For anyone living in Ontario, these are notoriously pothole-ridden areas, makes driving like a video game sometimes. But so far no damage to any of my rims...
Old 04-25-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Yup I've been rollin' on 19's (sig wheels are my second set of 19's) for almost two years on 35 series tires and you just take the basic precautions you take with any aftermarket rims.. Slow on hard bumps and such.. And as for the rubbing it is only occaionaly when I lock the wheel left or right...and thats cause I'm tuckin' the tire in the front...