Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

What's wrong with RH Evo wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stlblues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's wrong with RH Evo wheels?

I see a lot of people on here saying they like the RH C2s, even if they are a bit heavy, and I have the CP8Rs (forged) and they are awesome wheels. So why do I see so many people turn up their noses and say stuff like "they are RH Evos, not Racing Harts??
Old 04-19-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
becuz theyre knock-offs
Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Asahi
becuz theyre knock-offs
eh, not like Rota are Spoon rims either...
i say buy whatever fits your budget...
Old 04-19-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Because theres lots of idiots out there who think they're buying real Racingharts when they get em. They're plain old castings just like the rest.
Old 04-19-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
lol yeah...... its not that bad actually... whatever u can afford man n go with it. it still looks nice
Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Because theres lots of idiots out there who think they're buying real Racingharts when they get em. They're plain old castings just like the rest.
I assume you are talking about the majority if the wheels like the C2, S15, C8, etc, being cast? Because the CP8Rs were forged.
Old 04-19-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I know the CP8Rs are forged... they're also about $320 a piece, but how many people do you know have them? Not many. Same reason as you don't see many CP035s or the rest of the RHs. Far as I'm concerned, you buy forged wheels, you don't necessarily care what the exact brand name is... "Yeah, they're forged." is usually enough to get rid of the morons.
Old 04-19-2005
Registered!!

Take it easy there zippy. I was just asking a question to clarify what you said. I realize not many people have either of the RH wheels you mentioned because of the cost, and that's okay. As the others said, buy what you want/like/can afford.

Just fyi on forged wheels, if you watch Centerline's website, and don't mind their styling, you can get 17" forged wheels for $139 each, assuming 17" is what you want, you are not looking for auto-x wheels, etc.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
yeah honestly who cares?!?! 98% of the people that probably look at your rims won't car if there forged or cast or even care. There just either going to like the looks of it or not. I bought my rh c5's for $150 for all four without tires and the only comments people ever said to me were "nice rims" "i like the rims on your car" "how much you get them for" "i like the 5 spoke pattern better". No one's ever said, "omg how come you didn't get real racingharts or get forged rims"

just get what fits in your budget. If your just going for show i think forged rims are a waste of money. If your auto-x or something like that or hardcore racing then it would actually matter.
Old 04-24-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
of course the performance drivers would dislike nor care about the evo rh lineup. but i personally like the looks of the evo lineup over the real racing hart line up IMO.

if someone tells me why didnt i get the real c5's, i'd smack them. its like telling someone to choose the "better" gf

btw, rh evo = not knock off of true racing hart?....knockoffs are Rota. but rota makes real good knockoffs
Old 04-24-2005
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
well.... RH evo are made in maylasia just like every other cast wheel brand...

what happened was DAZZ said ... hmm damn kids cant afford our wheels lets make a cheap brand they can afford so they can have the "name" without the price.

hmm... like.. GAP and old navy.. or abercrombie/hollister etc.

its a way of making people feel special but have them still be inferior.

RHevo are crap wheels... which should not be confused with RacingHART made by HART corp of JAPAN.

but theyve gotten smart.. their stopping production of RHevo (they already have) and now they have RHpro which is STILL not mafde by HART corp but... will only consist of 2 peice wheels J5 pro/J8 pro and the new J5 G10 coming out soon (1 peice stepped lip 10 spoke)

so... in essence your wheels are somewhat nice cause their forged but their still RHevo not AS bad as c2/c5/etc

if you want REAL forged HART wheels buy C4/CR/CX/CPFtune/CPFtuneR etc

i dont care who drives on what.. when it comes to RHevo and RH i just say dont pass off your RHevo as HART wheels... if you do that then im pissed/... otherwise to each his own

riley
Old 04-24-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^almost every listing i see for RH evo's, they throw the name racing hart in there. i admit i was confused years back when i was interested in there line up. i saw the rh evo series as "single piece racing harts" and the racing hart line up as multi piece/forged/etc.

i guess i learned that from seeing so many listings for RH EVOS claiming "racing hart". its still all over ebay and craiglist.org but i can tell the different just looking at the rim. gotta be a sucker to buy RH evos thinking there Racing Hart/multi piece/forged.