Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Question on pad change, think I did it wrong, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spunger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question on pad change, think I did it wrong, need help!

Hey guys,

I am new here so bear with me. My girlfriend has a 2002 Civic LX and today I went to change her pads. I think I goofed though, let me try to explain.

You see the bolts in the red??? Those are the ones that I unbolted to change the pads. I see there are some in blue which are probably the ones that I wanted to take off. I tightened down the ones in red as much as I could with wrenches (it's not easy, the back side is like 1/8th inch of grip) and got them pretty tight. I am just wondering if I did this wrong as I was suspose to take off the blue bolts and if I messed anything up? I took the car out after changing the pads via my method and it stopped fine. No noises or anything, no smoke, nothing odd really.

Just need some help on this as I want to make sure I did it right so my girlfriend doesn't die :sad:

Please let me know,
Chris
Old 11-24-2004
I R T3H 1338
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
uhh, no if your just changing the pads, the red ones are the only ones you need to take off, the blue ones if you are doing pads and rotors... gj for doing it yourself man!!
Old 11-24-2004
Registered!!

spunger is an unknown quantity at this point
Phew!

I was thinkin why would you loosen the blue bolts, and some DIY's show the blue, some show the red. Thank god I did it right so I don't have to tear it all apart again.

Yeah, saved her some money, though all the got was some cheapy Kragen pads ($35) because I couldn't convince her for expensive ones. If it was my car I'd have something alot better but its not.

Thanks for replying so quick. Now I can go take it for a spin to assure myself it's right
Old 11-24-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Why did you do the red ones?

... just kidding...

I should try replacing my own rotors too... maybe when I have enough time.
Old 11-25-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
fffff