Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Buldge in Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Buldge in Tire?

Hey everyone, I have fairly new Konig Rated R 17" Rims with Khumo 215/45/17s. Today when I got home, I noticed that in my front passenger side tire, there was a buldge right on the M in Khumo. I got these tires and rims in march so I still have a warranty and discount tire will replace the tire. Is it just the tire and that there is basically a chance for this to happen to any low profile tire? I haven't curbed my rims, but could going over a big bump cause a buldge to appear in the side wall of a tire? I just would like to know so if there was a chance that I caused it, I would know what not to do. Thanks
Old 08-15-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
tire is defective. just get it replace. shouldnt matter because of low profile tire
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

TonySTiX is an unknown quantity at this point
If you go over a big pot hole it dont matter what kind of low profile tires you have, your gonna get "bubbles" or "bulges" because you now have a hole in the inside of ur tire causing air to escape and create the bubble.Its good to have tires with some kind of warranty. If i get bubbles because of pot holes i get a new tire for $30 (old tire traded) which is a big reason i got the tires i have (Aurora,which is yokohama)

Last edited by TonySTiX; 08-15-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Khumos are still under warranty, all I had to pay to get the tire replaced was $25.
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

fastlx is an unknown quantity at this point
It is in most cases called an impact break. It is caused by compressing the tire between the wheel and another object (usually a pothole). It causes a tear in the carcus (sp) of the tire which allows air to get inbetween the plies of the tire. It happens more on lower profile tires due to the height of the sidewall. Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 08-17-2003
Registered!!

TonySTiX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Tires

Originally posted by fastlx
It is in most cases called an impact break. It is caused by compressing the tire between the wheel and another object (usually a pothole). It causes a tear in the carcus (sp) of the tire which allows air to get inbetween the plies of the tire. It happens more on lower profile tires due to the height of the sidewall. Hope this helps.

Chris
Yep. Exactly.
Old 01-08-2004
Registered!!

TuffVietta should not be trusted
i was wondering if this is repairable or do u have to get a new tire? also, how dangerous is it to drive like this? thanks for any responses.
Old 01-08-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by TuffVietta
i was wondering if this is repairable or do u have to get a new tire? also, how dangerous is it to drive like this? thanks for any responses.
1, its not repairable, and 2. yes its dangerous to drive with it, because the side wall could blow out, and you dont want that happining on the freeway at 65+ mph.......
Old 01-08-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
nod