Electronics Post your questions about Electronics problems here!

Lane centering warning light

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoppaDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Lane centering warning light

Good morning,

The lane centering warning light is driving me nuts. My drive to work is a straight highway for 30 minutes, and since I don't have to turn the wheel much at all, I get that blinking orange light far too often. I just need to move the wheel a bit to make it go away. Is there anyway a tuner can change that interval from 5 seconds to a number greater than 5, even 30 seconds would be great.
Old 08-03-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,451 Likes on 1,204 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Lane centering warning light

isn't a setting described in the owners' manual?
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022
Registered!!

I will spend more time looking. There is a setting to turn off the beep notification when LKAS turns off, but I don't want that. I just want the warning to move the steering wheel to come later. Seems odd to be driving down a straight road and keep tweaking the steering wheel just so the car knows I am there.
Old 08-03-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

from what i found online, there is not a time setting?

"This camera scans road marking and relays visual and tactile alerts to notify the driver if the vehicle starts to drift from its lane without signaling. As soon as the vehicle starts to drift, a warning appears in the multi-information display and the steering wheel will vibrate to alert the driver."

also, found this (take this with a grain of salt - your case might be different from what is described, which is the EPS trying to move the car more than it should!)
https://www.bestattorney.com/blog/ho...arture-assist/
Old 08-03-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

I rented a Camry some weeks ago, the car was difficult to keep in straight line, not sure if it was not properly aligned. Or could be the Toyota "great handling targets".
LKA was a pain because the car could not keep straight, could be an EPS setting too, but since it was a rental...

Is your car properly aligned? Isn't caster off?
Old 08-03-2022
Registered!!

Actually the lane keeping works quite well.

If you let go of the steering wheel, after 5 seconds you get a warning. In my research people seem to put a wallet or waterbottle on the steering wheel to keep this from happening. I don't actually let go of the steering wheel, but if you are driving in a straight line, the car assumes you have, cause there is no steering input. When the warning light comes on, I just move the wheel and the light goes off.

The system works really well, I just would like that warning light to show up in 15 or 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds for the light, 10 I think for the beeping.
Old 08-03-2022
PITA Admin
Administrator

thanks, did not know of that timing and hand detector