General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

Part ID

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dmail is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Part ID

My son had a little front end collision and got his car repaired recently. When we did an oil change this weekend we found a spare part (see pic). Can anyone help identify what this is and where it goes? The metal is solid and firmly overmolded into the rubber stopper.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Part ID

That looks like most of a transmission dipstick.
is the full thing there or is there only that part?
Old 08-18-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dmail is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I agree ... I pulled the part diagram and it looks like the CVT transmission plug/cap (P/N 25615-5T0-004). I did some more reading and it sounds like the 2014-2015 have an issue where pressure builds and they can "blow" off. So now I'm thinking it was just random that I found it after the collision work. My son is at college nowhere near a Honda dealer. I'm thinking he should take it to a local shop for a flush and refill of the CVT fluid (will likely order a new plug also). Also thinking about having the transmission breather/vent plug replaced (21396-P20-000) Its a low cost part and if that is not letting the pressure escape it seems like cheap insurance. He's 8hrs away so I'm at the mercy of the local shop so we will see.

Sound like the right plan? Anything else worth doing? Just happy that he seems to have dodge a bullet with the drive back to school.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2020
Super Moderator

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,322 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

I didn't notice the hand in the background and thought this thing was 3-4 inches wide. I was so confused
Old 08-19-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dmail
Thanks, I agree ... I pulled the part diagram and it looks like the CVT transmission plug/cap (P/N 25615-5T0-004). I did some more reading and it sounds like the 2014-2015 have an issue where pressure builds and they can "blow" off. So now I'm thinking it was just random that I found it after the collision work. My son is at college nowhere near a Honda dealer. I'm thinking he should take it to a local shop for a flush and refill of the CVT fluid (will likely order a new plug also). Also thinking about having the transmission breather/vent plug replaced (21396-P20-000) Its a low cost part and if that is not letting the pressure escape it seems like cheap insurance. He's 8hrs away so I'm at the mercy of the local shop so we will see.

Sound like the right plan? Anything else worth doing? Just happy that he seems to have dodge a bullet with the drive back to school.

Thanks
Sounds like a plan to me