General Post General Issues questions here that does not fit other sections

The lengths of the driver’s seatbelt in the 9th generation Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCarol is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The lengths of the driver’s seatbelt in the 9th generation Civic

Dear 9th generation Civic users, I need your help again.
Could you tell me how long the seat-belt of driver seat is in the 9th generation Civic?
I need three lengths of the seat-belt.

One is the whole length from the shoulder sash guide anchor to the end if we pull it out to the limit.
The second one is the length from the shoulder sash guide anchors to the front seat belts-inner buckle.
The third one is the length from the front seat belts-outer anchor to the inner buckle. Or, the width of the front seat cushion.

It has been a long time since I posted last. I am still struggling with my sister’s car accident and the police are still investigating too. I just need these lengths; it will help with solving the problem.

Thank you!

Old 04-02-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The lengths of the driver’s seatbelt in the 9th generation Civic

The only measurement that can be consistent is the total belt length, but it may be different depending on sedan or coupe version. Which car did you have, 2 door or 4 door?
The other measurements should vary depending on seat positions, adjustable shoulder anchor position, and individual driver size.
Old 04-03-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCarol is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: The lengths of the driver’s seatbelt in the 9th generation Civic

>The only measurement that can be consistent is the total belt length, but it may be different depending on sedan or coupe version. Which car did you have, 2 door or 4 door?

My sister’s car was 2014 Honda Civic, 4 door. Thank you!

>The other measurements should vary depending on seat positions, adjustable shoulder anchor position, and individual driver size.

Oh, thank you for the very clear answer like always.
Yes, you’re right.
Actually I want to prove her exact seat position in the car accident by the lengths of the driver’s seat-belt in the 9th generation Civic; I want to prove she didn’t commit suicide.

To tell the truth, according to the medical report, my sister wasn’t killed by the car accident. Her seat-belt was wrapped around her neck twice. I am living abroad and had no chance to talk her doctors and was informed she had been killed by the normal car accident, so I hadn’t known this fact for nearly two months. Now I know she was considered as suicide, and I want to prove she didn’t.

I think it must be very simple to prove she didn’t. The seat position as you mentioned. As I am similar in size to my sister, so I know she couldn't press the gas pedal properly without the shortest leg room. So if I can prove her seat position was not forwards at that time, I think I can prove she didn’t, very simple.

So first I tried to get the picture of the accident to check her seat position. But I failed. She transported quickly and took critical care properly, maybe before the police arrived. And the hospital said they never take pictures, so I guess maybe there was no picture to prove it.

I only have the pictures of her car taken about 3 weeks after the accident; I can only check adjustable shoulder anchor position. But as for the seat position, although it was adjusted backward, I can’t prove no one had moved it. Maybe life-saving technicians didn’t remember whether they had moved her sheet or not.

Second I tried to find the difference of the seat-belts between her 2014 Honda Civic sold in U.S. and my 2012 Honda Fit sold in Japan.

Because I tried many time to wrap around my own neck twice in my Japanese 2012 Honda Fit, I found my seat-belt was too short to buckle up with my seat forwards as usual. Only with my seat backwards I could manage to buckle up, although I would be choked if I did, so I didn’t. And I found it also depended on what I wore, and of course, I found I couldn’t’ press the gas pedal properly with my seat backwards.

So now I just want to know whether my experiment with Japanese Fit seat-belt can apply to the 2014 American Civic seat-belt.

My seat-belt model of Japanese Fit is TK-AH3-J1556 (J07) by Takata Corporation made in Japan. The total belt length between shoulder belt turning loop to the line of perforation in the end of the seat-belt is about 250cm.
I tried to study it but I couldn’t find any information about the difference of these seat-belts, so I posted and asked you.

Well, maybe the best way to prove it is that I go to Minneapolis and wear my sister’s cloths and sit my sister’s driver seat with the seat forwards, and try to wrap her seat-belt around my neck twice and show them it is too short to buckle up. But I have no time to go there. And I think my sister’s cloths had already disposed.

So now please give me some advice how can I prove her sheet position wasn’t forwards with her seat-belt wrapping around her neck twice very tight. You are right it depends on individual driver size and she has already gone.

Well, I just want to know how to prove by myself and I swear I never let you prove in a court of law or somewhere, so please feel free to give me any advice.

By the way, I saw other readers in this post, so let me post some information about the driver’s seat-belt.

As you know, driver’s seat-belt has no Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor, not like the other seat-belts, which is very convenient for fixing child car seats. Because of this function, almost all the choking accident with the seat-belt happened with the rear seat-belt.

So if we use the driver’s seat-belt, we must pull out and use the total seat-belt in order to wrapping around our neck twice enough tight to be choked. Otherwise it cannot be locked. Therefore it depends on the seat positions with particular car, particular driver and particular shoulder anchor position.

Well, some may say it was possible that the seat-belt was not so tight at first, and tightened and locked in the event of a crash. I won’t argue this point in this post for the time being because it was apparently too short to wrap around my neck twice with Honda Fit seat-belt in her usual seat position.

Thank you for reading this to the end.
Please help me, give me some advice.