Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Rust + Dent Repair SIMPLE

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thomas_greg10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rust + Dent Repair SIMPLE

I genuinely appreciate the positive feedback with the recent posts.

Simply put, bodywork pertaining to rust and dents is not farfetched and can be achieved following a few easy steps.

Addressing the issue :

Rust - Needs to be grinded or sanded COMPLETELY OFF. you can bondo overtop, but it will bubble through over time if not completely gone.

Outding - needs to be smacked down, create a dent and fill. small flat punch and hammer LIGHTLY.

Dent - Prep with rough sandpaper, 80 does well. feather the area around, can be done on machine or by hand, and sand in even x pattern. feather edges to blend the paint layer, and you can begin mixing filler

Holes - metal patch, weld, rivet, seam seal it in. get metal and a good seal on it. preferred weld, fiberglass, filler, and seam seal for closest to oem look. Cut around hole area making it even, patch it over.

I share in depth videos addressing all types of bodywork with my civic, even a previous owner botch job of rust repair using expanding foam (NEVER OKAY TO PUT IN CAR EVER ITS FLAMMABLE). Completely professionally repaired, using the simple steps above as a basis, it is very obtainable.