Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Side mirror disassembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020
Noobie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vepy is an unknown quantity at this point
Side mirror disassembly

I was wondering if there's any "tutorial" or "how to's" for disassembling a side mirror unit (like the motor, mirror, etc). I bought a new side mirror, but the housing doesn't fit 100%, and was wondering to switch all the parts to the old one.

I'm wanting to switch it because the old one doesn't work with using the interior controls, but the new one does. Just want to get a working mirror. The new mirror leaves gaps since it cuts off too soon since the mirrors I have are more "sharper"
Old 01-26-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrmoogshoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Side mirror disassembly

Did you ever get this to work out? I have kind of the same issue. 2016 civic, I chipped the black tip of my passenger side mirror. I just want to replace the shell inside and NOT buy a $200 mirror with everything.
Old 01-27-2021
Noobie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vepy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Side mirror disassembly

Originally Posted by mrmoogshoe
Did you ever get this to work out? I have kind of the same issue. 2016 civic, I chipped the black tip of my passenger side mirror. I just want to replace the shell inside and NOT buy a $200 mirror with everything.
Honestly I just said **** it and took the extra mirror apart, then the original one apart, swapped the motor assembly, and mirror. Kept the same screws. It's not as fast as my other mirror, but now it doesn't sag, and I can adjust it remotely

Honestly just try to find one on eBay, and take it apart, then put it back together to see if you're able to do it without breaking the one already on the car

Last edited by Vepy; 01-27-2021 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Spelling