Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Rattling noise on driver side door

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling noise on driver side door

I have a weird rattle on my driver side door when I'm driving. happens even on fairly smooth roads. It sounds like behind the door panels. Anyone have that problem or has anyone figured out a cure.

Plus I experienced something very weird. Was in heavy traffic going 0 to 10 mph for like 1 hour. Started to hear a strange clunk clunk noise under my car. It was like a timed clunk, clunk, clunk. Happend in a rhythm. Doesn't happen at all now, but happened last week. Guess I gotta be in traffic again to experience it.
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemoncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The door rattle is a common problem. Do a search, there's a thread on it somewhere in this FORUM.

I'm not sure about the clunk your hearing under your car. But, it could be the leaky/bad strut problem that it seems 80% of us are having a problem with on this car. If you drive over a speed bump and hear that clunk you probably have the leaky/bad strut problem - that's a sure fire way to tell. This seems to be the most common problem of any complained about in this FORUM. You can also check by eye if you know where to look.