General Post issues, questions that are not in the other sub-forums

Hhaving a meltdown. My car's been on jacks for over 3 months

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020
Registered!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
thesupersoap33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hhaving a meltdown. My car's been on jacks for over 3 months

It started off with an oil leak and I reasoned that it was the rear main seal. I've never done this sort of work, but I've done some stuff and it seemed totally doable. My car is a 2004 hybrid 5 speed. So I break it all down and get to the seal and it is leaking. I replace it. Oil was all over the hybrid rotor/stator motor, so i clean that real good. Then the flywheel and pressure plate look bad, so i replace those after a bunch of headache finding and sending parts back and trips to the machine shop. Someone that had the car before me welded the ring gear to the flywheel and it was pretty much garbage and some shitbag parts place sent me parts that didnt even fit my car. Ended up getting a flywheel out of a junkyard and resurfacing that. Then I found a busted motor mount. Then the clutch fork was cracked. Then the slave cylinder fell apart when I was adjusting the trans to get it back on. Then I had to extract a stud in the head for the valve cover. Then I lost an acorn nut down the intake and ripped that off and found out that the entire egr system was clogged with carbon and oil. Now, at present, I have no idea how the throttle body linkage goes back on. All I see is a bunch of springs and bolts and I'm just about to cry seriously. I started out hopeful and confident and now I just want to cry or shoot myself. This has been so emotionally draining. I have OCD as well and it's just taken a lot out of me.

Can anyone relate? And can anyone tell me how this throttle body linkage goes back on? I have thr service manual, but it doesn't tell you ****
Old 06-28-2020
Registered!!

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
bachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nice
Re: Hhaving a meltdown. My car's been on jacks for over 3 months

Yeah, I can relate to the frustration. This is gonna sound really corny but....

Just breathe, take a short walk, if you smoke, have a cigarette or two or half a pack. Just get away from it for a little while. Have you eaten anything? I have forgotten to eat after hours at a repair. I just don't want to stop until I'm finished and all is good. But you gotta eat. Drink some water. Watch a funny show. I like re-runs of "The Office".

I couldn't find anything specifically about re-installing the throttle linkage, but you'll find it here somewhere.

Best to you
Old 06-28-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

A fresh pair of eyes can do wonders
Old 06-28-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

From an online parts catalog