Cracked block early R18 Overheating Post Information, Questions and issues with the cracking block on the early R18 type engine here.

R18 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bj66 is an unknown quantity at this point
R18 Engine

I experienced the cracked engine block the other day
Civic died out in bumper to bumper traffic no advanced sign of overheating
temp gauge just went straight up.
I was towed to local garage and was told by the machanic to have car towed to Honda
i understand this is a problem with R18 engine with the Cracked Engine BlockSo far honda said they will replace engine .\I will know more whenI get my car back in about a week or two
Does anybody know Why this is not a recall insted of giving an extended warranty.
At least I would be perpared for a problem insted of being surprised and stranded
Old 05-14-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: R18 Engine

WHAT ? ! Is this affecting all years of the 8th gen ???
My box on wheels has an R18 in it too !
Old 05-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Car makers don't usually issue recalls on anything as major as an engine block, it simply costs to much and would be devastating to the stock values. Insteasd they quietly fix them under warranty and as inexpensively as possible. D17 automatic transmissions were also repaired under warranty when they should have been recalled.
Old 05-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

doesnt happen to EVERY r18 but it is pretty common. honda would rather handle it on a case by case basis once the engine blows. rather than replacing millions of engines at once. i think honda would be out of business if they did that. even tho its their own fault for a defective engine design.