Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Paint Peeling

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YvonneT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Paint Peeling

In my 2014 Civic Sedan I have paint peeling off inside the gas cap area and on the edges of my trunk. Anyone else experience this? Honda doesn't seem to care.
Old 06-10-2020
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Paint peeling

Inside the gas cap area is probably from spilling gas on it. They are only going to do something if it is a big issue that a bunch of people complain about.
Old 06-10-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YvonneT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Paint peeling

Originally Posted by GolNat
Inside the gas cap area is probably from spilling gas on it. They are only going to do something if it is a big issue that a bunch of people complain about.
No, I've never spilled gas there. And I do not spill gas on my trunk lid where it is also peeling!

If that were the case it would be close to the nozzle but it isn't.
Old 06-10-2020
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Paint Peeling

Unless you wait for the gas pump to stop dripping or flip the gas nozzle upside down they always drip a drop or too.

Regardless they are still not going to do anything about it unless it is reported by a bunch of people and is found to be a defective paint issue.

Old 06-10-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Is it the clear coat or the paint? There were a couple years for the clear coat peeling bad, doubt they're doing anything about it this many years down the road
Old 06-11-2020
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

I'd mask the area buy a colour match sprat paint and 2k clear coat, and fix the area myself. Be careful though.