Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

2010 Civic - Urban Metallic - Paint issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Civic - Urban Metallic - Paint issues

I have a 2010 Civic Sedan in Urban Titanium Metallic. The car was built in Canada. This car is having the dreaded paint issues but while Honda painted the trunk and roof, they did not do the rest of the car and now the paint is coming off. I think I missed the warranty window for the rest of it as well.

What I have also noticed is several spots where not only has the paint clear come off but the paint as well, and what appears as rust spots on the hood and front fenders. But I thought that these cars used aluminum hoods, which shouldn't rust. Did Honda use a red primer instead of the normal grey? Or do I really have rust?

I live in South Carolina so we typically don't have major rust issues with cars here. It can happen but it's usually not too bad.

While mechanically the car has been good, the bodywork and interior have been frustrating. So far I've had the mode control motor go out, the sun visors break, and the wipers have the "psycho wiper" syndrome. Plus the paint.

So overall I guess I have the following questions:

1) Did Honda use Aluminum or steel hoods on these things?
2) Is it normal for the primer to fail along with the actual paint? And for rust to form so quickly?
3) What color primer did Honda use? Is it rust-colored?
4) What is the window for Honda's paint warranty? I'm sure I'm well out of it but just checking. It was also a pain in the behind last time because I was without the car for two weeks.

I just touched up all of the spots I could find but will post pictures if I see any more before I touch them up.

Thanks in advance.

SC Tiger