Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

Wipers and Washer both don't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alexmarin99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wipers and Washer both don't work

Hello all,

So my wipers and my washer don't work on my Civic 2014 EX Coupe. I've checked all the fuses and they're all OK.
I wanted to check also the relays but couldn't find the ones for the washer and wipers.
Also, it's two different circuits that control these wipers and washers, so logically the chances that both of these break is very low.
I measured the voltage on some of the pins of the connector that plugs in the switch, and there is voltage on them. So my conclusion would be that the switch is broken.

What do you think?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Wipers and Washer both don't work

you can test the switch for continuity
Old 06-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wipers and Washer both don't work

I measured the voltage on some of the pins of the connector that plugs in the switch, and there is voltage on them. So my conclusion would be that the switch is broken.
I wouldn't conclude that without a thorough understanding of how it works, and appropriate testing.

You will measure some sort of voltage on some of the wires at the switch. That alone can't indicate if the switch is bad or good.

I wouldn't conclude anything without serious testing. That could include a thorough check of every fuse in both of the fuse boxes, a capable scanner that can access the body systems, a good wiring diagram, and a DVOM.
If you have a good wiring diagram for that car, you should be amazed at how involved the system is.