Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Anti Theft gone haywire

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emaxxx4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anti Theft gone haywire

[SOLVED] Problem was between seat and steering wheel. My negative battery wire was coming loose from the terminal. I tightened it and everything WAS good. Then I tightened the positive one and it started coming apart from overtightening (damn lead ones). So tomorrow I'm going out and getting brass ones instead.

Hello. I own an '07 Civic EX Coupe. I barely drove it for the past 7 months as I had license issues but was able to take it out to get the motor going and such. Also in the summertime I replaced the stock unit with an aftermarket Android head unit and had absolutely no issues since then. That was, until tonight.

I drove it maybe 15 miles, stopped at a grocery store, started it and drove another 2 miles to another grocery store. When I went to get in, I hit the button on my key twice to disable the alarm, put the key in, and everything shut down. No lights, no alarm, nothing. I took it out, tried again = same. After using two of my jumpstarters in my car with no change I googled what the issue may have been and saw it was related to anti theft. At first I had disabled both positive and negative terminals of the battery, waited three minutes and tried again. Same as before that things would come on when I put the key in, but when I went to turn it over the whole panel and electrics shut down except for the anti-theft orange flashing light by the digital speedometer. I tried it again but left the key in the ignition in the lock or off position. I disabled the power cables, waited three minutes, tried again by turning it to the On (I) position, waiting a few seconds, then to the On (II) position and got it working.

I was able to get it all the way home. Once there, thinking maybe it was something with one of the two keys, I tried the other = same thing. I also saw google results where leaving it with the key in and in the off position for 10 minutes may reset it, but no luck. What are some things I should do or check?

Last edited by emaxxx4; 05-10-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: solved issue on my own