Electronics Post information/questions/Issues about Electronic parts here.

Flashing green key light...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Flashing green key light...

Hi folks,
So the problem started with the key switch, at first it was hard to remove/insert the key, then I couldn't turn the key switch on at all anymore. So I found a similar parts car and got the complete key switch along with the computer out of the car to install in mine. Thinking that the immobilizer would already be programmed to the computer that it was paired with in the parts car. So I installed both and now I'm getting the green flashing key light. The car will turn over, start, run for about 2 seconds then die. What am I missing here?
Old 01-22-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Flashing green key light...

computer lost the programming.
Old 01-22-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It may still need programming if the memory was lost.
Old 01-22-2019
Registered!!

So what's the best way to go about programming it myself? What's the cheapest programming tool that will get the job done for me?
Old 01-22-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Take it to Honda, some locksmiths can do it, have to call and ask
Old 01-22-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Colin42
Take it to Honda, some locksmiths can do it, have to call and ask
This.

I do not know of any ways to DIY that.

Locksmith can come to you so you can save some money there. If not then the cost to tow to dealer plus an hour of labor maybe? I would call around.
Old 01-22-2019
Registered!!

I've never had a car to a dealer in my life and I'm not about to start. I'll figure it out.. it'll probably be the long and hard way but I'll get it. Ive seen I few thing online about programmers you can buy and some you can even run with smartphones. So I'll see what I can do. Thanks though
Old 01-22-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Good luck with that
Old 01-22-2019
Prelude Owner

Someone on the Fit forum used a device to copy a key and it worked I’ll see if I can find it.

It was on a working system that had its memory.