Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Your answer may be here! TSB / Honda Complaint Address / Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sto73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Your answer may be here! TSB / Honda Complaint Address / Etc...

whats the best way to check a wheel bearing?
Old 12-30-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

wheel bearing will grind when the wheel is spun, its not likely that that is whats wrong, only way i can tell u to check it is to lift the front of the car, put into neutral, and spin each wheel, listening to the bearing, if it grinds, replace it, if not, its not the bearing
Old 12-30-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

it wont always grind if the wheel bearing has gone bad, actually i have never heard of one grinding

jack up your car and grab the top and bottom of the wheel and move it up and down, if the wheel has a lot of play in it than the bearing is shot and needs to be replaced

Last edited by RHCP0801; 12-30-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2007
Registered!!

sto73 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks alot everyone. does anyone else have the popping noise when they turn at low speed?
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

civicrida15 is an unknown quantity at this point

everytime i wash my car i have to wait a couple days before i put my windows down because water gets on the inside of my windows when i roll them down and roll them back up and my freaking car rattles like crazy when i go over bumps and im riding on stock suspension...i have window rattles and i think the sunroof rattles too
Old 01-02-2010
Registered!!

jturp is an unknown quantity at this point

2008 Honda civic Heater blower motor works part time. Will not blow until I push the buttons that control the air flow like from the floor to the defrost mode. It even came on a couple of times when I opened and shut my drivers side door. Is this a common problem with this civic?
Old 02-09-2010
Registered!!

SHAMIR__ is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 02 Civic DX and just yesterday when i started the car to let it warm up as its winter here in Toronto...I noticed the gas needle went WAYYY over the F to almost a 12'o clock position...is it because the gas was cold or is that a guage issue? Any suggestions?
Old 02-10-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

probably a gauge issue. it should have a stop point a tiny bit above full. you can try removing the bezel and clear plastic shield and see if you can move the needle back to where it should be. otherwise youre gonna need another cluster. check ebay and be sure to get one with the same mileage and also kph in canada. now is a great time to upgrade to a cluster with tach like the ones from 01-02 ex/si civic. they plug right in.
Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

Okay thanks for the suggestion though...what i also did was on that same day it happened...i shut off the car and started it mulitple times and each time the needle went down to the full line...now im going to run my gas to when the gas light comes on and fill up and see what happens...If it goes past F ill definitley look into picking up a new gauge cluster etc. Thanks for the tips though
Old 02-13-2010
Registered!!

Okay thanks for the suggestion though...what i also did was on that same day it happened...i shut off the car and started it mulitple times and each time the needle went down to the full line...now im going to run my gas to when the gas light comes on and fill up and see what happens...If it goes past F ill definitley look into picking up a new gauge cluster etc
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

nico2030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a onda civic 2008 si I need help programing a already cut key and finding the amp because the radio doesn't sound and it is working

thanks
Old 06-23-2010
Registered!!

PDman5150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just replaced both front struts with new strut mounts/bearings, and I'm still getting popping noises going over small bumps at slow speeds. I'm thinking ball joints or compliance bushings. Anyone have pdf versions of the following TSBs:

03-039 APR 04 Suspension - Front Suspension Knock, Pop or Squeak
04-079 Lower Ball Joints

I plan on going to Honda in the next day or two with the TSB's and see if they'll show me some pity since I just spent $400 on strut parts and the problem still exists.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2011
2001 Civic EX

DODGERAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Where can I order a power lock actuator for an 01 civic?

Also whats the deal with these auto transmissions? mine is shifting hard from first to second. could it be something simple like wrong fluid?

My Car has 147,000 miles and I hope i wont be needing a new tranny soon.
Old 02-09-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

auto trans for 01-05 are suck. all sorts of defects and problems. its possible changing the fluid will help a little. but it youve never changed it, i wouldnt start now. power lock actuator www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 02-09-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DODGERAM
Where can I order a power lock actuator for an 01 civic?

Also whats the deal with these auto transmissions? mine is shifting hard from first to second. could it be something simple like wrong fluid?

My Car has 147,000 miles and I hope i wont be needing a new tranny soon.
yours not a TSB
Old 08-08-2011
Registered!!

thisguy is an unknown quantity at this point

is the input shaft bearing on the TSB list?

links are dead for me.
Old 05-18-2012
Registered!!

oscar11487 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 2008 civic coupe ex automatic and my check engine light is on what could it be?
Old 06-25-2012
Registered!!

Robertchanson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orion_squall
any problem within 3 year of purchase will be fixed free of charge...just go to the dealer with empty hands.
I have a 2004 Honda civic value 4 dr The fuel gave is reading onthe On wrong side of gage