Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Anyone heard of this problem on a month old car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinkey94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone heard of this problem on a month old car?

So I got my 2k3 Civic a month ago and last week it started to make this whistling sound so I took it into the dealer and they had it all day before they could figure out what was making the noise. There is a hole on the high pressure line of the power steering. They also added that they had never seen this in a new car before. Great! Very comforting! Of course, they didn't have the part so a week later I've had about all I can stand of that high pitched noise and they still don't have the part. Grrrrr.... just needed to vent on that one.
Old 04-22-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
damn that sucks. never even heard of that problem before. does it do anything to your power steering?
Old 04-22-2003
Registered!!

The car handles fine, it just that the constant high-pitched noise is driving my nuts!
Old 04-22-2003
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
If it is automatic......when you come to stop, move the shifter down and back to normal driving. I hear that this is related to vaccum and somehow this helps until they fix...
Old 04-22-2003
Registered!!

It is an AT so I will have to try that. Thanks!
Old 04-22-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

SomeDoodToo will become famous soon enoughSomeDoodToo will become famous soon enough
Does anyone hear a siren type yelp for a second? I think its my alt. pully or its bearings but i am not sure this two is an 2k3 new. I have herd of that happening but i am not sure. And it does not happen all the time so of course it wont happen when i take it in and then they will blame it on the headers....intake....or cat back lol.....( my girl has a 2k1 civic i am also working on and they tried to tell me the intake made her auto car allmost stall all the time and that it threw off the timming) Are We Suppoesed to trust these people with our cars?
Old 04-22-2003
I'm The Shit

david02civic should not be trusteddavid02civic should not be trusteddavid02civic should not be trusteddavid02civic should not be trusteddavid02civic should not be trusteddavid02civic should not be trusted
Originally posted by aframdw
Does anyone hear a siren type yelp for a second? I think its my alt. pully or its bearings but i am not sure this two is an 2k3 new. I have herd of that happening but i am not sure. And it does not happen all the time so of course it wont happen when i take it in and then they will blame it on the headers....intake....or cat back lol.....( my girl has a 2k1 civic i am also working on and they tried to tell me the intake made her auto car allmost stall all the time and that it threw off the timming) Are We Suppoesed to trust these people with our cars?
hey man, i have that same problem, it does it when the AC is on. When I shift from 1st to 2nd it squeels a sec. I took it to the dealer and he said its normal(which is total BS).h E SIAD ITS THE ac PULLY COMING ON.im calling the main honda office wednesday(tomorrow) and tell them abou tit. The dealership i take it to is usually good about fixing my problems.
Old 04-22-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I had a whistling noise. It was the windsheild gasket-molding thing that goes around the wind was loose. Check that.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

RallyeRed is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2003 LX manual, and I have the same problem when I'm down shifting. For the first couple weeks that I had my car, I thought that an ambulance was following me.....j/k, but it sound exactly like a siren when you downshift. Never really thought that it was a problem since my car is new (just hit 5,000 miles). It is kinda of annoying though.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Honda deal sucks as bad as mine, "what noise, I don't hear a noise?" "you don't hear that loud *** noise that you can't miss?" "oh that noise, thats not a problem" retards, had to fix it myself, their warrenty is worth jack to me.
Old 04-24-2003
Registered!!

2001civ is an unknown quantity at this point
oh and when I order parts it's in the next town over, never takes more then over night and they don't charge me for shipping.
Old 05-08-2003
Registered!!

slowvic is an unknown quantity at this point
ha, try owning a cavalier!
Old 05-08-2003
anti rice

spoon will become famous soon enough
when i would drive sometimes i would hear this whistleing noise .. but it turned out to be my friend so i would just tell him to stop, and it went away.
Old 05-08-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by 2001civ
Your Honda deal sucks as bad as mine, "what noise, I don't hear a noise?" "you don't hear that loud *** noise that you can't miss?" "oh that noise, thats not a problem" retards, had to fix it myself, their warrenty is worth jack to me.
Exactly. I bring them things all the time. I don't care how little it is. They always come back on the invoice with "Unable to duplicate customer complaint"

I have a whistling from the stock exhaust pipe. It's not a leak though... it's something with the flange. I haven't brought that to Honda yet, because I'm still waiting for my struts they have on order They say that they will take care of my sounds after they fix my struts. I also have a rattle coming from my passenger vent, and I think my engine shakes a bit like it has a loose motor mount. I reported it at 400 miles. They said it was normallease: It's still the same at 8000.
Old 05-08-2003

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by spoon
when i would drive sometimes i would hear this whistleing noise .. but it turned out to be my friend so i would just tell him to stop, and it went away.
LOL