Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2k1, I need your help(2001+ Civic LX coupes)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaxPSiLX is an unknown quantity at this point
2k1, I need your help(2001+ Civic LX coupes)

Background: At 18k miles, I took my Honda Civic LX coupe into Honda because my headliner had began to seperate from the dome light area, and I could clearly see the yellow foam coming through. Honda ordered another headliner, and installed it. Picked up the car, and the headliner was coming apart in the same place. Also, the plastic cover that clips over the screws for the rear view mirror would no longer clip in place. The service manager informed me the regional warranty representative would have to come out and look at the car before they could ok another headliner.

Fast forward 6 months and 8k miles later: The regional rep comes out and denies my claim. They installed the new plastic cover, and although it clips into place the lip is very defined on the left side than the right. You can still see the yellow foam, and he basically tells me that this is the best Honda can do and nothing is wrong with the car. Becoming extremely upset, I questioned his eyesight(basically)and asked how he could say that the way it looked was the way it was supposed to be He did tell me that if the headliner continued to come apart, they would replace it even if I go out of warranty...ok, but that doesn't make me happy now(you know, when I'm still paying on the car).

So I need a huge favor 2k1; if you own a 2001+ Civic LX coupe without a sunroof, I ask you to take a picture of where the headliner tucks under the front map lights, and where the plastic cover is over the rear view mirror. I'd like to have proof that Honda doesn't build a shitty car, and that most likely the blame lies in the fact that they installed the headliner in the service dept instead of subletting it out to an upholstery shop.

Thanks in advance [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-23-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted

Old 02-24-2003
Mr. Negative

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I would of taken the a*****e of a manager and warrenty rep outside or in the showroom and looked at another LX. I dont know how big of a city Charlotte is, but maybe try a different dealer, maybe a different service manager might OK it. I know where I am there is only 1 Honda dealership, so I am kinda SOL sometimes. If that doesnt work, I would call Honda and request that Honda call the dealer and ride their *** until it is fixed. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
Can't you just check out the Civics on the lot with the manager? Easier than having us take pics.
Old 02-24-2003
Registered!!

MaxPSiLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Smokie that is perfect [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

There were no other Civics on the lot at the dealership I bought mine from(it's a small dealer not here in Charlotte). I'm tired of dealing with the service depts, and even if I took it to another dealer they'd deny it because the regional rep did too. I asked him to look at other 2k1's and he basically acted like I was wasting his time I'm calling Honda back as well as doing their survey letting them know that their rep told me they build cars not well put together.

If you don't want to help me, that's fine; but for those of you who do I greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2003
ak
Retired Mod

ak can only hope to improve
Oh don't get me wrong, i'll post my pics tonight.