Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Moisture in Headlight - WILD SOLUTION!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicized is an unknown quantity at this point
Moisture in Headlight - WILD SOLUTION!

Hey, guys,

I put my previous post about foggy headlight, and then thought about a wild solution:

I really do not want to take off the whole headlight, blow-dry it, seal it - sounds like alot of hassle. So, I thought of something else. What IF one takes out the parking light bulb and the main bulb, and then, since the blow dryer will not fit into the main light opening, instead, one uses the air pump at the gas station to blow into the main bulb opening.
The air-pumps are small, alternatively, one can put a piece of hose on top of it, and stick the hose into the headlight. Sounds like a quick workable solution - has anyone ever tried this?

Civicized
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

BIANCA is an unknown quantity at this point
you will probably get a bunch of dust/dirt in there.

my headlights were foggy right after i did the DIY clears. i just drove every day with my headlights on all the time and they cleared up after about 3 weeks. never fogged up again.
Old 11-23-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
doesn't sound like a very good idea. just open 'em, geez [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I wouldn't recommend it but thats just me just open them up it doesn't cost that much for sealant

Nick
Old 11-28-2002
Registered!!

matt007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Compressed air will have more water in it.

Try this: Pull a bulb out, buy a brand new SPONGE and cut it so it will fit in the hole with some of it sticking out. In a day or so it will suck the moisture out, and while it is in the hole, prevent any more moisture from getting in. Sounds weird, but it will work. New sponges will dry up the air around them (don't ask me how!)

Matt
Old 11-28-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Well, how are you going to put the hose in and still trigger the air? The air hose at the gas station has a fitting that only opens when you put it on the tire valve. So now you have to stick your finger in there somehow to get the air to flow. Just open them up.