Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Headlight has water in it

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Headlight has water in it

My right Headlight has Condensation/water in it DAMMIT![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

Anyone have any good ideas to get rid of the condensation without taking the headlight assembly out?
Old 10-31-2002
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
is it a "cleared" headlight??
how much "water" is in it??
Old 10-31-2002
Registered!!

ducksause is an unknown quantity at this point
it would be easier to take the head lamp out to air out the water. use a hair dryer and blow it directly into the bulb holders.....doing it from the car itself would be harder to dry out and a pain to get the hair dryer there too. but take it's the best way to resolve your problem
Old 10-31-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
On a dry day, just pull the parking light bulb out. Then drive around with your high-beams on. The heat from the lamps might get the vapors out.
Old 10-31-2002
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Yeah, it's a cleared headlight, I guess I'll have to re-seal it.

These are some pretty good suggestions, thanks guys,

I already tried the hair dryer thing with a tube small enough to fit to the socket, it cleared up the headlamp part, but the parking light part still has water in it, I'm gonna try the high beam thing and see if that doesn't work

Thanks again