Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Used service bulletins to fix rear deck & underhood rattles

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thirdhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Used service bulletins to fix rear deck & underhood rattles

I got my 02 LX sedan back from the dealer yesterday, and it looks like they fixed the rear deck and underhood rattles (the clicking noise that comes and goes). I couldn't find an actual service bulletin for either rattle for a 2002, but I when I showed the dealer a TSB for a 1998-00 civic (where the hood latch caused the rattle) and a TSB for 1998-2001 civics for the rear deck (where it was the retaining pins for the entire shelf that were loose), the service manager said "well, sir, since you've got the service bulletins here we ought to be able to fix it". later in the day he later noticed they didn't apply to a 2002, but they had already found that the solutions in the TSBs I gave them fixed the problems, so it didn't matter. Besides, I acted as if I could always get more, which made them take me more seriously. I got the TSBs at <a href="http://jdmfan.com/service/">http://jdmfan.com/service/</A> , which has 6 complete TSBs posted. Having an actual TSB, and not just a number, makes a big difference in talking to dealers. Notice the language about performing "out of warranty service".

The dealer also did a 4-wheel alignment for free under the 12K/12 month alignment warranty we all have.

Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
if I have 13343 miles on my car but its not quite been 12 months yet do you think I could still get them to fix the rear deck with the TSB for free?
Old 09-26-2002
Registered!!

MaxPSiLX is an unknown quantity at this point
I am assuming the rattle from your hood is the same I had on my 2001...if you gripped it at the front you could actually shake the hood. I took mine to have it fixed(had the same problem on my 99 Si and they fixed it no problem)and there is no adjustment to completely fix it. They adjusted the hood but now it sticks out above the fenders, but no rattle [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
thats helpful and all.... but I was asking about the rear deck.... sorry [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]