Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Crank shaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Graphite07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Crank shaft position sensor

2003 Honda Civic 1.7!motor Ex. I replaced the crankshaft position sensor and i still get the check engine light and code
p0336. So I took the sensor back and exchanged it for a new one. So after installing this one same deal, check engine light and p0336 code.

What am am I missing to fix this problem?

Pleqse help thank you.
Old 09-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Crank shaft position sensor

Your missing that some (almost all that seek out help on this board) cars seem to require a actual Honda sensor from a Honda dealer to work right.

Also 1/4 can spray contact cleaner on both ends is my recommendation when replacing.
Old 09-29-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Your missing that some (almost all that seek out help on this board) cars seem to require a actual Honda sensor from a Honda dealer to work right.

Also 1/4 can spray contact cleaner on both ends is my recommendation when replacing.
so I need a OEM sensor from Honda for it to work properly?
Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Graphite07

so I need a OEM sensor from Honda for it to work properly?
No, but you might have to try a couple different brands of aftermarket till you find one will work for you.

Dealer ones work 99.something% of the time.
Old 09-30-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Also, those sensors are fragile as crap. I accidentally overtorqued it once and it made it crap itself. Handle that thing like an egg. Drop it, it's probably not gonna work.
Old 09-30-2018
Registered!!

I didn’t drop it or over tighten it! I do not want to take it back apart!! This sucks I really want my car back on the road.

I guess ill I’ll be pulling it back apart today.