Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacing a clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cona is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing a clutch

So I need to replace a clutch.

I am about to buy this :
EXEDY KHC09 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit

Amazon Amazon

Is there anything else I need to have for the mechanic?

And what do you think they would quote me for labor for a 2002 Honda Civic SI clutch replacement ?

I am thinking 600$ What do y'all think ?
Old 12-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing a clutch

Originally Posted by cona
So I need to replace a clutch.

I am about to buy this :
EXEDY KHC09 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit

https://www.amazon.com/EXEDY-KHC09-O.../dp/B001B5EEGE
Looks like a typical clutch kit to me. Did you make sure it's for the SI 2.0L, not a regular 1.7L Civic?
Is there anything else I need to have for the mechanic?
Would you like to replace the two axle seals while the trans is out and it's easy to do?
Consider them "Cheap insurance" against axle leaks, especially since they will be disturbed in the course of the work.

You should also get/send a couple quarts of Hondas manual trans fluid to your mechanic.

And what do you think they would quote me for labor for a 2002 Honda Civic SI clutch replacement ?

I am thinking 600$ What do y'all think ?
Ask YOUR mechanic.
Old 12-27-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing a clutch

That's the part number I supplied in another thread. Took it directly from exedy's website. Should come with everything you need for a clutch swap: friction disk, pressure plate, input shaft bearing, throwout bearing, alibgment tool. Extra crap like ezone said wouldn't be a bad idea, but you mechanic would definitely be the one to ask for certain.