Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

AC not working!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DouglasTheGreat is an unknown quantity at this point
AC not working!! Please help!

Okay so I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to post this, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong.

I just bought my 2001 em2 with about 160,000 miles. Other than a few small fixes it runs great. My only problem is that the ac doesn't work.

I'm not sure how to pinpoint where my problem is so any help would be appreciated. I get no response at all when I turn the fans on and the fuses aren't broken. I switched the blower motor for a new one and I still get nothing. I tried switching the relay for the blower motor with another to see if that would fix it but I still get no response. That's pretty much all the info I have.

**update**
So I ran the self diagnostics and the recirculation light blinked 12 times. This apparently means that there is a problem with the blower motor circuit. Any advice on how to go from here ??

Last edited by DouglasTheGreat; 05-27-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC not working!! Please help!

I get no response at all when I turn the fans on
You're talking about the blower fan in the dash, right?

Got a test light or voltmeter?
Does the fan motor have power?
Does the fan motor have ground?

Have you figured out where the blower power transistor is? Unplug it and jumper the two fat wires of the connector, turn the key on and see if the fan runs now.
If it runs, it needs the power transistor.

And probably a set of cabin filters. Restricted air flow can make the thing burn out.

Or maybe you can do this repair if you are handy...(I know it's for a CRV but the part is the same.)

HTH
Old 05-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DouglasTheGreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: AC not working!! Please help!

Okay so it was the transistor. Replaced it with a new one and switched out the cabin filter. Everything works great now !! Thanks for the help