Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

immobilizer light not coming on

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: immobilizer light not coming on

Do you have a real wiring diagram for this immobi system/circuit?

It sounds like there is a wire open circuit between the relay and terminal #6 (yel/blk wire) on the immobi connector on the column. That wire runs through those harness connectors I mentioned earlier.
Old 06-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Do you have a real wiring diagram for this immobi system/circuit?

It sounds like there is a wire open circuit between the relay and terminal #6 (yel/blk wire) on the immobi connector on the column. That wire runs through those harness connectors I mentioned earlier.
omw back to my apt and i got immobilizers and no i dont have wiring..
Old 06-25-2014
Registered!!

So I got the immobilizer receiver from JY, they sold me that piece for 5 bucks because there was no price set, anyhow Install it and the green key light came on so my immobilizer in my car is done, by looks of it so my option are get reprogrammed by honda the one i got from JY or get bypass or am I still missing something ?
Old 06-25-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Yay. Now it needs to be programmed to recognize your keys and to tell the PCM it's ok to let the engine run.

Dealer, well equipped locksmith, or an independent or Honda specialty shop that has immobilizer access on their scanner. Call around and ask?

In my town, the dealer is the only place that has the equipment to program it.
Old 06-25-2014
Registered!!

tkcne is an unknown quantity at this point

When I needed to make new keys the dealer wanted $130 a key and the locksmith I went to could only clone keys. I ended up getting a programmer off ebay and then resold it. Worked fine and ended up being a lot cheaper. Search "sbb programmer". Looks like about $100 shipped from the US.

Not my video but this is pretty much the process:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHkjXekiGBs
Old 06-25-2014
Registered!!

so have this locksmith coming over and is going charge me 80 i explain to him the situation and he like"if bad conputer im still going charge u 80" dude if the ecm was bad other immobilizer wouldn't work either.

im happy to report the car is working again once he programmed the immo. so thank you those help me and especially ezone ur the man bro and thanks graig for wiring info and help.

Last edited by contevo; 06-25-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Good job on getting it going.
Old 11-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bonestockcivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkcne
I ended up getting a programmer off ebay and then resold it. Search "sbb programmer". Looks like about $100 shipped from the US.
I know this is an old post, but I'm in a similar situation and would like to purchase a programmer. I searched on ebay and only find this for anywhere near $100 and it doesn't list Honda, but it does list Acura...

V33.02 Universal SBB Programmer Immobilizer Multi Brand Car

Can you tell me the brand and model you ordered? Thanks.