Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Passenger brake light doesn't work but tail light does

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mattjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Passenger brake light doesn't work but tail light does

Hey guys! This is my first post here, I am having a problem that I still can't fix with my 2005 civic ex. About a month ago I realized my passenger side brake light was out so I changed both rear lights. Everything worked fine for about a day, then the passenger side brake light stopped working again. I then put the new bulb from the drivers side in the passenger side and still the same thing, so I know its not the bulbs. What confuses me is that I seen for myself both brake lights and tail lights working for a day. I checked all the necessary fuses and they are all good. I tried for weeks to find an answer on here and Google but everything I found is for both brake lights not working. I have a multimeter but don't know which wire to even check, and it might be the plug but it seems fine and all the wires seem connected. Thank you everyone.
Old 05-21-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Passenger brake light doesn't work but tail light does

Try swapping the bulb sockets.
Old 05-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mattjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Passenger brake light doesn't work but tail light does

Thanks ezone. I used the multimeter and all the wires had good voltage so I bought a new socket because that was the only thing that I thought could be wrong and after putting all the wires back into it, it worked! I have no idea what caused the plug to go bad but after driving with a missing brake light for awhile I am glad the problem is solved. Thanks