Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How to Remove Side Bolsters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meis760 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to Remove Side Bolsters?

I recently purchased some seat covers for my 2002 Civic EX. I want to remove the rear seat side bolsters so I can wrap the covers around them. I tried tucking them in but it doesn't look good.

I already removed the bolts below both side bolsters. But lifting them up is proving to be difficult. I've been trying to look everywhere for a way to remove them without damaging the plastic hooks that are visible from inside the trunk. But there's not much visual aids and the only advice I can find is to pull up really hard.

Does anyone have some specific tips?
Old 03-26-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I remove side bolsters?

One bolt at the bottom, then they go straight up toward the back window (do not pull outward at the bottom). Most can be a real pain to remove.